Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack and I noticed that the hood heat vents have receptacles (visible from underside). I'm curious as to why there are receptacles? Do they exists to bolt up a cover to blank off the vent?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I'm not sure what receptacles you are talking about, maybe the 2 vents towards the front of the hood? I would never want to block off any port that lets heat out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack and I noticed that the hood heat vents have receptacles (visible from underside). I'm curious as to why there are receptacles? Do they exists to bolt up a cover to blank off the vent?
As Slidd said, we need pictures. I just opened my hood and saw nothing like you're describing.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hopefully they were left out during production. The paint under the hood looks like it has more gloss than production but it's really hard to judge from a photo.

Could be a replacement hood too. Check the hood hinge bolts closely to see if there is tool damage to the paint.

I would order the correct bolts from the dealer instead of using hardware store stuff if it were me.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
5,374 Posts
Just curious, as I don't have that hood, is there a trim piece missing too. Looking at the first pic and "Stitches" pic something looks missing besides the bolts. Just an observation.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just curious, as I don't have that hood, is there a trim piece missing too. Looking at the first pic and "Stitches" pic something looks missing besides the bolts. Just an observation.
Was dark in my garage. Just opened my hood and no other pieces in there.

Reactions: vpzyck
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.