Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had my first track experience this weekend at Thunderhill (Willows, CA) with the Hooked on Driving group. I'll say I've never had so much fun in my life. I am now hooked on track driving and have a desire for more. I may just pick up track racing as more than just a hobby.

Whomever said Challengers can't corner well needs to have their reality checked. I think they handle corners very well.

{P}

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
nice! did you ever get a chance to run the drag strip with that hopnot kit yet? and how much did that help you in the road course? i know it eliminates body roll a good bit...just like hearing more hopnot positives as i'm just about ready to pull the trigger now cause spring is getting close and i gotta hit the strip up to redeem myself :)

about people saying that it doesnt handle...its the trendy thing to say about the big gal...what they dont every say is how well it handles for its size. sure a smaller lighter car will rule in the twisties...but a big muscle car that can handle as well as it does is remarkable!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, no drag strip. But I'll say I got a lot of compliments from the racing coach on how well the girl didn't wobble and how tight she gripped the ground. I think he had just as much fun as I did and he was the passenger. I have to say the combo of the kit, the mopar sway and strut bars all kept her in very close contact with the ground. I had more traction around the curves than 911s, 944s, V8 Vantages, and Ferrari Californias ...

Rose City: What is the cyclone?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sorry, no drag strip. But I'll say I got a lot of compliments from the racing coach on how well the girl didn't wobble and how tight she gripped the ground. I think he had just as much fun as I did and he was the passenger. I have to say the combo of the kit, the mopar sway and strut bars all kept her in very close contact with the ground. I had more traction around the curves than 911s, 944s, V8 Vantages, and Ferrari Californias ...

Rose City: What is the cyclone?

very cool :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't know that's what it was called. Turn 5 is the blind turn, yeah, that's awesome. My second favorite turn. Turn two was my favorite.

Photos attached. Photos taken by Dito Milian www.gotbluemilk.com.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Congrats, glad to see you are hooked...it is addicting. I am a big fan of road coursing myself.

Let us know when you are ready to get that chally handling even better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts