Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 A8
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with them? It's time to replace the MT ET Streets and these Hoosiers are $80 cheaper per tire. I think the 28 x 11.50-17LT is pretty close to the 305/45/17's I currently run. They are bias-ply but would be race-only and I tow the car to the track so I don't think that will be an issue. So, looking for guidance...good, bad, stick with the MT's, a different option, etc.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Bias ply will be less stable at the top end.
That said, I haven’t used them. I have ran the mt et street ss and street r. I wouldn’t go back from the Rs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was leaning towards the R's but saw the price difference of the Hoosiers and had to ask.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i used them years ago when i raced an f-body....they hooked well, but you need to be prepared for the wiggle you’ll feel on the big end. it’s no big deal once you’ve been through it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ended up getting the MT Street R's (or I will whenever they get off the slow boat from China).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I run the Hoosiers, but you need a Bias Ply Front runner also or else the wiggle everyone is talking about will show it's ugly head

1 - 7 of 7 Posts