Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove a hop not equiped 2009 srt 6sp challenger last night, the ride is a bit stiffer but the rear end seems like a solid axle cool feeling not having the softer ride as my 2010 dy 6 sp srt. it is set up with stage 1 & 2 and had a very tight feeling around corners could get to like this . it was about 36 degrees last night and the F1 super car tires did not respond, my freind has gotten his 60 ft times to 4.7 sec using hop not as noted by EVIC.......need to drive this car again in warmer weather

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HOP NOT INSTALED AND WHAT STAGES? PLEASE ADVISE

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
1&2. '09 6 spd SRT. Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Also have stages 1 & 2. 2010 R/T 6spd. Works wonders and improved performance in road race handling.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you guys that have the kit recommend it for a daily driver? I don't want the ride to get much stiffer.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
. . . and did you notice increased cabin noise?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i did find cabin noise increased and also the rear wining a small cost for preformance ......still on the fence about hop not......what tires are you runing?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump.......wow thought there would be more users.......

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm installing mine this weekend or next. I expect it to be a pleasant upgrade as I like to dump the clutch and get the rear loose, and now with some extra power, it'll probably be a must have...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
yes i did find cabin noise increased and also the rear wining
it caused the rear to whine? :scratchhead: havent heard anyone else with hopnot installed give that report...is it possible his hopped so bad prior to the kit, that it is what you are hearing now?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump

so not many hop not installations......wow I assume most drivers just grandmom along afraid to hurt their modern muscle cars.......thats ok i think i will put on stage 1&2....... it definatly super charges the ride and a completly differnt preformance aspect i like it......

·
Banned
903 Posts
First thing I would do is get rid of the F1's, I bought the Hop Not stg2 and didn't install it because I was waiting on my new rims & tires to come in so I could check for clearance issues. After putting the BFG tires on mine about 90% of the wheel hop was gone. I'm not in any way knocking the Hop Not kits because I have seen the videos on here and the post of many who absolutely love the results they have gotten from it. I never installed it so I can't say. I would have never believed the tires would have caused that much of the wheel hop issue but it did.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I have spoken to Michael and he's a good guy. I hear nothing but good things about his kit. I haven't done it since I had no hop issues with the Techco suspension and Invo's. I am not sure what I'll fee when I get on the road with the Pedders coilovers and NT05's I have being installed now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am also thinking about this mod but I am triaging it against other mods to make initially. Some things I would like to know:

1.) A burnout in my awaited '11 R/T with the super track pack will cause hopping without this kit? That seems like a build defect :(
2.) The kit is more of a suspension kit than just a hop elimination kit? Or is it only useful for making contiguous tire tracks on launches? Do people who use their challys for daily drivers (but do launches) want this?
3.) I *think* that this will add stability to the suspension like I have planned by adding sway bars and strut tower brace. Hop not will help tighten everything together also or not really?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hop Not products really do make a huge improvement in the driving experience/ corning ability of the car. Daily drivers stand to reap the most improvements. As mentioned b/f, the overall ride is stiffened up some, but in a good way. An SRT will feel the change slightly more simply because it starts out a little firmer. A good way to reference what to expect is to compare what it does to an RT, our Total Kit will make an RT's softer suspension feel like that of an SRT. Little to no increases in road noise should be expected because the IRS is unchanged, but understand that these cars are prong to have a lot of rear end/diff slack so an unhealthy rear end may be more noticeable with the cradle secured.

There's a lot of improvement to be had for cars that have already received suspension upgrades such as larger sway bars, spring rate changes, etc by eliminating the unwanted movement at the cradle. The boat rocking motion will remain regardless of upgrades w/o our Stage 1 machined spacer plates.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts