Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going back and re-reading the internet media information on the 3 stage kits and have found some ambiguous and slightly confusing language. It seems that with language like "in conjunction with" that the kits must be purchased and added together yet that's never really stated and the HP gains that have been published never completely indicate that the 58hp is with all 3 stages added together. Seems odd that new heads and headers would only add minimal gains above the stage 2 when the aftermarket has provided considerably more HP with similar parts.

Perhaps we should withhold judgement until we get something official from MOPAR... Has anyone heard or seen anything new?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
It seems like you would be better off just getting a supercharger for $7000 and being done with it

Reactions: LIME392

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like you would be better off just getting a supercharger for $7000 and being done with it
I don't disagree with that logic. Keeping my warranty is motivating too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The hp and torque ratings for these kits seems too low, 58hp and 47lb-ft gain. The only explanation is the tune itself as all the go-fast parts are there. Since it has to meet all 50-state emission standards, the tune must be set for clean burning instead of performance. So, I am curious if reloading another tune profile will yield some substantial numbers.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
The tuning is more conservative - Chrysler would have emissions warranty matters to look out for - the mfgr. warranty can range from 5yr/50,000 - 7yr/70,000 miles depending on which state(s) have the longer warranty.

Usually the mfgr. tunes for cleaner emissions to compensate for wear that could generate higher emissions later in the vehicles' service life, to avoid emissions recalls.

Reactions: Modern Muscle

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
I think that the auto manufactures are also more accurate in giving true horse power gains. They have to much to risk by over inflating numbers.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
...sounds like you have a lot of hope. Let me know how that works out for you :) As I've said before, I will continue to drive around my SCAT Pack Stage 5 right now!

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
is it supposed to be an acronym? I just always assumes it was based on the slang...man he made that car scat (moves, go fast)
That's ^^^ it. Get away and scat - now...

Reactions: JohnnyB01

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't mind buying these parts a la carte with warranty if that was possible (sure it won't be). I'd take a set of SRT shorty's, 392 cam, and a set of those heads. I'll keep my Ford Racing will warranty a twin screw supercharger if you have your dealership install it on a Mustang! Wish MOPAR offered something like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts