Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger sxt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m on vacation. Made the mistake of letting my younger brother drive my car because he is watching our house. Has less than 10k miles on it. What do you think? Looks like just the body that can be fixed. Airbags didn’t go off and under the hood looks fine. No leaks or anything.looks like it literally hit only just in front of the hood.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,022 Posts
Ugh, no idea, what did he hit? Was it a truck?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If you take it to the typical "industry standard" shop, it will likely be "fixed".

If it gets to a shop that actually does complete repairs and follows Dodge procedures, with all mandatory part replacements and inspections, it could get close.

I'm assuming it's a V6.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you take it to the typical "industry standard" shop, it will likely be "fixed".

If it gets to a shop that actually does complete repairs and follows Dodge procedures, with all mandatory part replacements and inspections, it could get close.

I'm assuming it's a V6.
Yea it’s a V6

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
No worries, this will be fixed and not totaled. Use-- and insist on--only OEM parts. There are some shops that will use knock offs and they wont fit right. Also, "take charge" of your rebuild; inspect the progress several time and take pictures. The body shop wont care and if they know you are paying attention they will work to keep you happy and do a great job.

Now, go kick your little brothers ass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries, this will be fixed and not totaled. Use-- and insist on--only OEM parts. There are some shops that will use knock offs and they wont fit right. Also, "take charge" of your rebuild; inspect the progress several time and take pictures. The body shop wont care and if they know you are paying attention they will work to keep you happy and do a great job.

you made me feel a lot better. I was hoping this is how it would go...we’re still on vacation in Vegas, but trust me he has it coming later on today!! Haha

·
Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
95 Posts
Since your airbags didnt pop, you have a way better chance of your insurance company not totalling it.
Hopefully there is no hidden damage, either. At quick glance, I think you will be ok, and your insurance will go ahead and
fix it.

·
Premium Member
9,962 Posts
you made me feel a lot better. I was hoping this is how it would go...we’re still on vacation in Vegas, but trust me he has it coming later on today!! Haha
If you drove to Vegas with your car this wouldn’t be a thread. Does he have his own insurance so yours doesn’t eat this loss?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you drove to Vegas with your car this wouldn’t be a thread. Does he have his own insurance so yours doesn’t eat this loss?
He does but in Cali insurance follows the car...we drove out to Sedona, flagstaff, Grand Canyon, and then out here to Vegas..I didn’t want to put the miles on it...and I regret not taking it now..

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
For the rest of your life, your brother will owe you for this.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

if a vehicle owner needs to babysit a shop to insure correct repairs are done, that vehicle owner has his car in the wrong shop.

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
Sorry to see this has happened! Hope it gets fixed up quickly for you. We also hope your brother is okay, mistakes happen and cars can be replaced if needed.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
338 Posts
Ouch! Way to ruin your trip to Vegas. After it's fixed lil' bro has to wash and wax it weekly.....forever. (After attending a detailers course)

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,254 Posts
Strongly insist on OEM parts..by default, you will not receive OEM parts less you make this request formal. Review final invoice to ensure of this.
Pursue Diminished Value with your insurance, it will amount to thousands of $$.
...and above all, take it to a reputable shop, inspect the entire repair and dont sign acceptance nor drive away with it when its all said & done, unless it meets with your total satisfaction.
The shop is being paid to put the car back to pre-accident conditions, not just skate by with "good enough"..which sadly is the go to modus operandi for most body shops.
Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
9,962 Posts
Strongly insist on OEM parts..by default, you will not receive OEM parts less you make this request formal. Review final invoice to ensure of this.
Pursue Diminished Value with your insurance, it will amount to thousands of $$.
...and above all, take it to a reputable shop, inspect the entire repair and dont sign acceptance nor drive away with it when its all said & done, unless it meets with your total satisfaction.
The shop is being paid to put the car back to pre-accident conditions, not just skate by with "good enough"..which sadly is the go to modus operandi for most body shops.
Best of luck.
Diminished value doesn’t apply to the person who caused the accident, it’s for the injured party to be made whole again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts