Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start in the begining of the year cut my head open at work had to get 30 stiches,then in july my shop burns down (we think fireworks but cant prove it) so they call it an act of God, and our policy doesnt cover that go figure, I lost my truck, all of my tools and all of my race car parts for my car, about 300,000$, so I sold my turbo mustang,57 chevy and my race car trailer, to buy tools and a new car, my 2010 srt challenger (always wanted a hemi challenger) after about 1 month the belt shredded, idler pulley froze,then in Nov. went to the turkey rod run and driving home I ran over a 5ft long pipe at 430am and it went thru my gas tank and running at 75mph the sparks were flying and the gas was pouring out, I guess I got lucky the car didnt catch fire, Then to top that off went out to my car 530am yesterday morning to find my car up on blocks and rims gone, some [email protected]$$es stole them and in the procces they scratch the door and when they jacked it up they jack it from the middle of the car and pushed the floor boards up and broke some of the plastic too, it looks like the calibers and rotors have to be replace because they dropped it on blocks,so now I am waiting for the price of the damage to get it fix,I sure hope 2011 will be better for not only me but everyone.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Crappy year. I hope 2011 treats you better and karma catches the wheel thieves.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I hope next year is a lot better for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys but still not as rough as our military men and women have it ,hope they have a safe return next year

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it makes you feel any better my 2010 sucked too. Divorce, lawsuit, lost my house, gf got injured and can't bone....AND I'm driving a Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
not my favroite year either, seams the sh1t comes and goes for everyone.
i think 2011 is going to start off good, lots of people coming throught the doors around here lately.
Just wish 2010 would be done like everyone else

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not to downplay any of your losses but they are materials. I lost my dad this year... No insurance can cover him or even try to bring him back. Its been a crummy year for sure and really dont look forward to 2011 as it is borrowed time for all of us. But Im grateful for my family and my new bride. God Bless and dont forget all the positive amongst all the negative guys!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I lost my Mom and Dad this year. I know their in a better place now.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I think you had about 3 years' worth of bad luck in 1. Keep on keepin' on, things will get better for you. I hope you and your family have the best Christmas and New Years ever!

Jack

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but Mike, sorry about your dad. Yeah, you're right, losing a loved one makes all the other $hi& seem trivial. I guess if we can keep that perspective, all the other stuff should seem surmountable.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lousy year, but they are right it's just stuff. I hope you have a better 2011.

How did they figure a fire was an act of God. That sounds like an Allstate post-Katrina adjuster.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lousy year, but they are right it's just stuff. I hope you have a better 2011.

How did they figure a fire was an act of God. That sounds like an Allstate post-Katrina adjuster.

Agreed, I can see arson before an act of god. To all those people that had a bad year this year, just remember when you hit rock bottom the only place to go is up and I'm speaking from experience. It may take more than a year (it took 3 years in my case) but things always get better. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
quick1320...it appears you had one of those years where it couldn't get any worse......and then........!
Here's hoping and praying you (and all of us for that matter) have a better 2011...a year where it couldn't get any better....and then.....!

7,359 Posts
That is heart breaking stuff OP!!!...

Horrible 2010 here too.............2010 blew dog!IMO.....2010 was the biggest punch in my balls in the 48 years walking this earth you where not alone.

I Cant explain as its that bad.. This year has been hell and it's been too much for me to handle let alone pass on to another via what has gone down.Bad, beyond what one can imagine however there is always hope things will change for the best.
The only thing keeping me sane is my car/build and my wonderful wife.

I welcome for all a better outlook for 2011,and wish you all a great upcoming new year holiday as well.
Flush 2010 down the crapper...

RE: Mike I can more than relate I have been tested to my limits and what litle faith I have left has brought me through the darkest days I could imagine..Friends here helped me beyond words..I Hope your new year is a slendid one,and your not alone you have many brothers here,never be a stranger!

Guys a reminder:
Say a prayer for forum Member Warrior 7 please he is in much pain after his recent surgery.He was one of the first 08's here and should be remembered in our prayers during this tough time as well as each one of us daily...
It's more than a forum its a family.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
"dont stop thinking about tomorrow" 2011 will be the best yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts