Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Chris originally from Italy, living in the UK (Winchester, Hampshire). I've never been a car enthusiast at all and I don't even own a car at the moment since I work from home and don't really "need" it. But since I saw a Challenger in 2010 I've always knew that if I got a car it would be that one.

I've been eying this 2010 SE V6 and I'm going to see it this Saturday. Used Dodge Challenger Coupe 3.6 V6 Auto in Feltham, Middlesex | Hanworth Motors

I wanted to get your expert opinion. From what I've fond out looking online, it looks pretty good, except maybe the price is a bit higher? This is the VIN 2B3CJ4DV0AH306430. It's been imported in the UK in 2019 and doesn't seem to have any red flag on its records. But again, I'm a noob.

It would be amazing if you could take a look and let me know what you think about it!!

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

Well, I'll lay out some info, you can add to your thought process. The ad says 3.6L , it is not, it is the less desirable 3.5L. This was a California car, and it was a rental car at Enterprise. This would seem to negate the "One owner since new", as no rental car is 10 years old.

It's listed as £13,500 (approx. $16, 650 USD) In California I'd expect pricing to be around $10,000 to $11,000 US (8,114.05 GBP - 8,963) if it's in very good condition. I don't know what the premium is for an imported car there, but that seems excessively high.

2 open airbag recalls apparently, but being in England now, and supposedly full MOT? Them listing a 3.6L, is the rest of their info correct?

The 3.5L is known to have a loud ticking issue caused by rocker arm issues, just be aware

Here is the original build sheet showing it's origin. What's transpired in the 10 years since is hard to say

Unless the pricing is in line with other cars there, I'd pass. It looks good cosmetically in the pictures. Rental car agencies do usually do regular maintenance, but you know how some people treat rentals...What happened to the car after it was sold after a year or so is hard to say

Good luck, A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

Well, I'll lay out some info, you can add to your thought process. The ad says 3.6L , it is not, it is the less desirable 3.5L. This was a California car, and it was a rental car at Enterprise. This would seem to negate the "One owner since new", as no rental car is 10 years old.

It's listed as £13,500 (approx. $16, 650 USD) In California I'd expect pricing to be around $10,000 to $11,000 US (8,114.05 GBP - 8,963) if it's in very good condition. I don't know what the premium is for an imported car there, but that seems excessively high.

2 open airbag recalls apparently, but being in England now, and supposedly full MOT? Them listing a 3.6L, is the rest of their info correct?

The 3.5L is known to have a loud ticking issue caused by rocker arm issues, just be aware

Here is the original build sheet showing it's origin. What's transpired in the 10 years since is hard to say

Unless the pricing is in line with other cars there, I'd pass. It looks good cosmetically in the pictures. Rental car agencies do usually do regular maintenance, but you know how some people treat rentals...What happened to the car after it was sold after a year or so is hard to say

Good luck, A Guy
Thanks! That's very helpful, I appreciate it. I'll keep all of this in mind and discuss it with the dealer when I see it on Saturday.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,891 Posts
Also examine that front bumper, it's a bit pulled away and the attachment points can be seen in the photos..IE, a space is there that should not be, just in front of the large grill area.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
194 Posts
WOW I can honestly say I have never seen so much accident damage on a vehicle history report before, is this real or the correct vehicle? Looks like the 2nd owner had some serious driving issues, at least 1 accident every year from 2014 through 2018. The vehicle was finally declared a total loss and at some point must have been rebuilt and then registered again as a salvage title, typically in the US I would avoid buying salvage title vehicles as you cant get insurance for vehicles with salvage titles not sure about the UK.
That said with everything going on with this vehicle and I understand your eagerness to buy a challenger we have all been there I would avoid this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I thought, was he drunk or something :D I'll go check it out tomorrow, but this gives me more ammo. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
194 Posts
Almost forgot to mention there must be a discrepancy with the mileage as well, the ad for the sale of the car lists the mileage as 74,000 and the carfax shows the last reported mileage as 117,853 that's a big difference in miles driven.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I noticed, I just sent a message to the dealer. If I can avoid the 50 mins trip even better. Thanks for double checking!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
Yeah, either the dealer is a straight up liar, or something very fishy is going on. A Salvage car would be a dead stop for me, especially at the high price, and the mileage as well. That car was a disaster, and they usually stay that way

DMV title problems reported. Damage reported on: 11/29/2013, 12/12/2014, 03/24/2015, 04/13/2016, 12/20/2016, 06/26/2017, 12/01/2017, 05/05/2018 and 09/29/2018. Accidents reported on: 07/31/2014, 02/03/2015, 01/07/2017 and 12/04/2018.

That explains the not quite fitted front end. And I think he meant

IMHO...keep looking for your Challenger!

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
It's a shame it wasn't better, but sure you'll be happier in the long run ;) Their "excuse" is hard to believe as well, how hard is it to look at the odometer. And what business takes something in trade without knowing it's value?

A Guy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts