Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Trinity yesterday.

I own a 2014 Challenger RT Classic with a Frankentake IV and a resonator delete.

I did some research, hooked up the tuner, which took forever to get to work, but is working now, and I put on the 91 octane tune. I am in Colorado, so 91 is all that is easily available to me.

I set the parameters I wanted changed, so throttle boost is at 15%, changed the rev limiter to 6,250 hoping I can hit 60 in second (haven't had a chance to see if it worked yet), and in the tune I added 2.5% fuel to make up for the intake since diablo doesn't have a CAI tune for 14's yet.

Honestly, the car doesn't feel any different. I haven't worked out a good way to mount this thing, so I can't data log until I figure out what to do with it as far as mounting, I have no idea if I am gettting knock anywhere.

Are there any other people here at altitude and if so what are you running for tunes? I am at 6,000 feet most of the time. Any suggestions? Add more fuel? Take fuel out? I know I need to get data logging so I can check knock and check for timing advancement possibilities, but I can't right now.

And please, before anyone starts talking about custom tunes, I am planning on having a local shop look at it but not until summer. I don't see a good reason to pay that money with Christmas here and in the middle of winter when we haven't seen a day over 40 degrees in a few weeks.

I would appreciate any advice and input. And I am very technologically inept, so it is going to take me a while to learn how to fully use this thing.

Thank you,

Tony

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Id definitely suggest logging, but at altitude, i doubt knock is an issue unless its oil in the manifold, maybe try the 93 tune ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

Thanks, threw the 93 tune on last night, definitely feels different. I cannot log though, everytime I try the screen freezes, I've tried a couple different fixes and it still freezes everytime I go into that mode. I also can't get it to show me knock on the monitoring screen. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but apparently quite a few people with 13 and 14 models are having it freeze. So I don't know what to do. I figure it's not throwing a code and doesn't smell or sound lean, so I'm hoping I am ok right now.

I added 5% fuel for the CAI, seemed like a good jumping off point, I just need to get this thing set up to log so I can really see what is going on with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts