Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, first post here. have been in love with the new challengers since they came out and am finally in a position to buy. definitely want an srt8 m6, and my budget looks to put me in the 11-14 model years with 10k-50k miles. ive yet to drive one, but am getting ready to go exploring and check a few out. couple of basic questions as i get ready to go on the hunt. any input sould be appreciated. i've done some looking around here and elsewhere but ive consumed so much info and looked at so many cars online at this point it all blends together.

what are significant differences between those years? suspension, powertrain, electonics, exterior, otherwise?

any specific issues i can look for that would be red flags or bargaining chips on that specific car? ive read a bit about rocker panel paint or rust issues, body panel warping or fitment issues, lifter noise/failure but also that the hemi is a little noisy in that department anyway. having owned a few vw's i can relate to that, but not sure id know what to look for there.

along the same lines, any tell-tale signs that one of these has been ragged its whole life as opposed to babied? i enjoy pretty spirited driving myself, but hope to find one thats not been driven like it was stolen since new.

looking at these online, a lot of the descriptions/equipment listings seem to be written by folks that dont know a whole lot about them. neither do i, thus my confusion on some equipment.

moonroof/sunroof. many listings specify sunroof. ive yet to see one in person that wasnt a moonroof. is there a sunroof option? i like a moonroof, but a sunroof, meh. not a dealbreaker either way, just a piece of rhe equasion id like to know when considering if i want to travel to take a look.

stereo. ive seen 6 speaker systems, 18, all seem to come with amps and subwoofer as standard equipment? is there a difference within these years?

almost all seem to have the touchscreen radio/nav. but ive seen a few without. is there a specific package that indicates which is which?

guess thats most of my questions at this point, or at least a good start.

thanms avain for any input you could provide. looking forward to getting the ball rolling in the coming weeks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: the moonroof/sunroof question. Under the strict definition, only moonroofs are available on the Challenger. Many people just tend to call any opening in the roof a sunroof. And, since a moonroof is a TYPE of sunroof, both terms could technically be correct.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts