Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much horsepower can be made with just a tune and boltons? Also with stock cats. What recommendations do you have? Thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
A good tune and bolt-ons are good for 20-30 additional rwhp (conservatively). A custom tune is the best bang for your buck IMO.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
You can make 30rwhp out of longtubes alone. I think it would be more along 40whp, maybe 45 with a CMR tune.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The stock R/T exhaust is junk... My 2010 with SRT 8 headers, Magna Flow HF cats, Corsa 5.7 cat back, Fastman TB and Cervini mod'd CAI turned 362 rwhp on mobile dyno.

·
Registered
999 Posts
2009 or 2010 SRT 6 speed exhaust including headers and a set of Blastin Bobs straight pipes. No codes and lots of power. I have 365 hp 382 torque at the wheels. I am using an older predator v9r23 93 performance tune which also removes 6 speed throttle lag.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Where can I get a custom tune at? I am going to get a Mopar cai, american thunder exhaust, 185 thermostat. Diabolo trinity. And last some shorty headers. What are good shorties. Jba, kbb or flow master.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I am going to get a Mopar cai, american thunder exhaust and a 185 thermostat. And some shorty headers. What's the best shorty header? Where can I get a custom tune.? Should I get a diablo trinity?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Does your state frown upon longtubes?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure!! As long as cats are there

·
Registered
3 Posts
horsepower

i have a 2014 r/t challenger 6spd w/392 gears. with a chip what is the most horsepower can I get out of it?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You're better off removing your owners manual and sun glasses from the glove box, "Chips" don't work. Get a real hand held tuner.

·
Registered
824 Posts
i have a 2014 r/t challenger 6spd w/392 gears. with a chip what is the most horsepower can I get out of it?

Give Arrington Performance a call and get their advise on a power package.

www.shophemi.com

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I put on Kooks LT and hi flos MBRP cat back 87 MM TB custom tune and put down 369 HP 406 TRQ

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
2009 or 2010 SRT 6 speed exhaust including headers and a set of Blastin Bobs straight pipes. No codes and lots of power. I have 365 hp 382 torque at the wheels. I am using an older predator v9r23 93 performance tune which also removes 6 speed throttle lag.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You dont Never ever want to hook up to a pc with it being on line. It will try for a Diablo update and once it starts your screwed and can never go back. You have a great tune right there. With no lag, that is a huge screw up that has never been fixed from what I know of.
FT

·
Registered
324 Posts
You dont Never ever want to hook up to a pc with it being on line. It will try for a Diablo update and once it starts your screwed and can never go back. You have a great tune right there. With no lag, that is a huge screw up that has never been fixed from what I know of.
FT

I had a 9R12 tune for two years to keep the EGR delete. The Predator looked for the update but always asked permission.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts