Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
A friend of mine just went the Mustang route. He got a base 2012 5.0 with the brembo pkg and the 3.73 limited slip for invoice less 500 dollars. It came in at 29,100. He got the 624 HP blower kit installed for 7.9 k. So the total ran around 37k. He considered the 524 HP kit which would have kept the warranty at 1 year 12k miles and that would have been 7.5 k installed.

I am not a huge fan of the looks of the car but with a blown 624 hp engine under the hood and the brembos to stop it all I can say is holy crap!

He has not taken it to test and tune yet but I hope he does soon. That thing just seemed ungodly fast for what it is. I have to admit this car has to be the best bang for the buck for just a fun fast car. I am sticking with my Challenger but have to give credit to Ford on this one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why anyone would trade their car or truck in to a dealer is beyond me!

Just for the heck of it I got a quote from Longo Toyota on my 08 Sequoia(17000 miles) as a trade-in for a 2010 Corolla XRS, they said $20,000(I laughed at them), I sold it on Autotrader for $28,700!

Too bad it had an accident on record, I could have gotten alot more.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Why anyone would trade their car or truck in to a dealer is beyond me! ... Too bad it had an accident on record, I could have gotten alot more.
When I traded in my '09 Challenger SRT8, the dealership was offering brand new '10 challengers for about $38K. To think that I'd get over $34,300 local private-sell would have been a PUSH...

41 - 43 of 43 Posts