Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is wrong with my 2010 RT's air conditioning. Last year, there was a ton of clicking coming from behind my dash. One of the little air door actuators behind the passenger side dash broke, so I replaced it. Then, one of the other two broke, so I replaced both remaining ones, meaning all 3 were replaced.

It's happening again about 4 months later - one of the ones close the the drive side is clicking.

But that's not all - when my AC is turned entirely off, I still feel hot air coming from the vents, even if the AC is off and turned all the way to cold. It makes it so I have to roll the windows down since it's still not that cold in Texas.

This is driving me nuts. Anyone know a fix?

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
I replaced the blend door actuator in our Jeep with a Dorman lifetime guarantee actuator and they seem to last about year when driven 8K/year. Doesn't address your hot air question but if you used Dorman replacements they could well be failing again.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Yes the one I've replaced multiple times on the Jeep is a 15 minute job. If I have to replace any of the others which I understand means pulling the dash I will use the OEM one which lasted 5 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts