Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Seems to corner pretty damn flat. I'm so glad to see the design team focused on corners too. Awesome find!

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Can't quite tell, is that rev-match I hear? Can't wait for July 22nd. I think this car will perform better than what the competition is saying.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
"Damn that thing is fast" - Brett DiMichele

:)

Reactions: Challyofdoom

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yea, that was good 'ol fashion heel-toeing. I took a couple of things away from this video...

1. I'm glad you can hear the SC whine in the cabin!
2. Hellcat does not like slow corners.
3. The standard is geared more towards track/road racing (especially 3rd and 4th).

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
nice heel and toe to match engine and drive train speed; played it safe in the turns, but he definitely reached the 145's in no time and that's a plus; one correction with a counter lock of the steering wheel, overall that thing is going to start to be a HPDE nightmare with young drivers or other small cars shitting their pants while making point by's or point bye byes however u think of it...lol

can't wait to see one on the track

ODP / thanks for the post; awesome!

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ooohhh Baby!!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I noticed that Chrysler has coned the exit of turn 2, which makes you slow down more in order to turn in sharper. I think they did this to decrease speed going into the Festival curves and keep all the media testers from looping it there. That is always the best place to watch out for spins.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yea, that was good 'ol fashion heel-toeing. I took a couple of things away from this video...
1. I'm glad you can hear the SC whine in the cabin!
2. Hellcat does not like slow corners.
3. The standard is geared more towards track/road racing (especially 3rd and 4th).
^^Exactly! Dude was definitely a great driver.
I LOVE the fact that the whine can be heard. It should = Power baby. :roller:

·
Registered
174 Posts
According to the person that filmed the in car hot laps , they chose to ride shotgun to see what the Hellcat could do in the hands of a more capable driver. (He had taken non-Hellcat car around the circuit himself)

The driver filmed was Marco Diniz de Oliveira, SRT's Vehicle Dynamics Engineer.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Is there any RPM, MPH and timing numbers to go with the vid? I loved it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts