Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRT 392 Challenger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CHALLENGER SRT8: MAKE THAT HEMI HANDLE: Hotchkis TVS systems for the 2011/2012 Challenger SRT8 offer an easy bolt-on for improved stance and handling | SEMA Show

I see this press release on the Seema Show website for a 2011-12 SRT8 specific lowering kit. It says that it works with our adaptive suspension:

"Hotchkis tested numerous models during the R&D process and the SRT8 kits do not require Nivomat replacement as they are designed to work with the SRT8's Bilstein Active Damping shocks."

Besides the Mopar kit, this is the first one that I have seen that claims to work with my stock 2012 SRT8 Bilstein shocks.

I like this kit better than the Mopar one because the drop is lower in the back, it's advertised lower an 11/12 SRT8:

Front-13/16"
Back-1 & 1/4"

Has anyone put this kit on their 2012 SRT8?

How's the ride quality?

Does it achieve/exceed the advertised drop?

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the system on the way. It may be installed by the end of June. I'll let you know how it works. My 2011 does not have the Nivomats in the rear though.

·
Registered
2012 SRT 392 Challenger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you getting it installed? are you anywhere NJ?

·
Registered
2012 SRT 392 Challenger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice, I was in Plochingen Germany last summer and recall admiring an R/T that was parked in
town.

Go Mopar in Deutschland!

:headbang2:

·
Registered
2012 SRT 392 Challenger
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you lowering spring install go?

I have the system on the way. It may be installed by the end of June. I'll let you know how it works. My 2011 does not have the Nivomats in the rear though.
Your last post noted you receiving the springs in June, did you get them installed? how did it work out?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
An update from my experience. I installed the full system in August. After two months of settling, I took it in for an alignment and had the following specs:

Front

Camber: -1.58ºL / -1.80ºR
Caster: 9.82ºL / 10.20ºR
Toe: 0.10ºL / 0.12ºR

Rear

Camber: -1.28ºL / -1.50ºR
Toe: 0.08ºL / 0.17ºR

According to the 2011 FSM I'm only over on the front caster and right-rear camber. I'd say that's not too bad without using anything to correct the camber/caster. It was driving fine without the alignment, but it's smoother after.

The drop is perfect and now the front and rear are the same height above the tires. As far as the ride is concerned, it's a little stiffer, which is to be expected. The handling is much improved and it looks great! I'm very happy with the purchase so far.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts