Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHECK OUT THE HOTTEST NEW BODY MOD. A 75 year old woman backed into my car late last night, thankfully she was forthwith in admitting to it, a police report was filed and insurance companies notified. she tried to deny the dent, but admit to the scratches, a very brief investigation by the cop ruled in my favor, she wanted to handle this without involving the insurance companies and mentioned seeking advice from her son. I figured EFF that noise, not dealing with the quibbling of prices, my work is contractual and can extend for months at a time far from home and up to 6 days a week 10hours a day (union pipefitter). i felt bad but i dont think the old lady realizes the costs that may be involved. She was giving the cop a hard time until he mentioned to her that she left the scene of an accident and didnt report it til next day. go figure........wait until the scotch wears off:guiness:

anyone got any advice of what i should do or NOT DO. lol if i go to a place outside of my insurance company's recommendation the repair work is not guaranteed visa versa. i have not moved my car since yesterday im afraid the hit to the rim/tire may have messed with my alignment.

if i drive my car and its out of alignment the opposing insurance co may articulate that i caused it while driving it, an adjuster is stopping out monday, police report wont be available till tuesday......

she just had to use the whole driveway and street to back out WTF.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have anyone in mind at all? my ins co mentioned bringing it to a place that works on fords.... i laughed... im not bringing my dodge challenger near a ford company.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Maybe I don't fully understand what your asking, but if I do the answer is simple.

Find a reputable body shop nearby, tell them what the deal is and get a quote from them. (make sure you tell them their quote must be worst case) Take that quote to the lady and give her a copy and get CASH. Otherwise, go see your insurance agent and to hell with what she wants. :fight:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would ask Chrysler or your dealer where they want you to fix it to maintain your warranty (if it matters at all to them anyways). I would assume they will send you to a dealer with a body shop. Eff the insurance company and what they want - they will rob you one way or the other if the repair doesnt go well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you everyone for your advice/support

the responding officer, suggested a reputable body shop called roccos in blackwood new jersey, he also suggested mount ephraim dodge in jersey as well to get a qoute. i figured sticking with the dealer in this case would behoove me.

my insurance company mentioned none of those places, if i go where the insurance co mentions.... work is "guaranteed"... if i dont.. then the work is not.....

my biggest concern is since the rim is struck... is my car out of alignment?.... the car has be parked since friday in the exact same spot, so i have yet to find out. The old woman in the station was a hot head and said its just a little scratch and should only be about 50$ repair...:scratchhead: pre senile dementia......:notallthere:

i hope this doesnt take forever... im 27 years old and work my **** off for nice things.... within two weeks of owning the car i had dings in the side from *******s carelessly swinging thier door open..... as a result of this i double park taking up to parking spots. and defend myself visciously when someone bitches.....

i deal with a lot of aggravation at work and my car is the only nice thing i have, i wash it 3 to 4 times a week and keep the inside in immaculate condition. sorry just venting......

·
Banned
642 Posts
I would have the alignment checked and this should as well be covered by insurance since the wheel was hit. I do not understand why you are so worried about the insurance company standing behind the body shops work. If you find a body shop you like and they are paid by you or the insurance company (does not matter) then I imagine they would stand behind their work regardless. Otherwise find a more reputable body shop that will.

·
Registered
304 Posts
this is why old people need to hang it up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts