Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had not seriously looked at buying a Challenger for 3-4 years and my previous one was a 2011 (V6 with leather). So when I started shopping for Challengers recently I was shocked to see 50k+ price tags with cloth seats. I can see there is a market for those that just care about getting a 392 and not much else and if that is what makes you happy it is your money so go for it. Still just surprising to do a search and see so many without leather or Alcantara. I love ventilated seats too much so I had to make sure all the ones I found had them before talking to the dealers.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
430 Posts
I for one am glad they offer both options. People's preferences are different and options mean we can all be happy (for the most part).

And I don't feel like I am in a rental car when I get into my base R/T. I don't really see a bunch of difference between a fully optioned HC and a base SXT when you are sitting in the seat (other than the bolsters and other fine details). The Alcantara are certainly "pretty" when looking in, but beyond that (for me) meh.

And I would be one that would prefer an HC with cloth performance seats and a base radio (but still 8.4 - gotta have the Performance Pages). And I'm not looking for a track car, the rest is just fluff for me. I love the drive and would prefer to focus on the things that make that better to me, like the drivetrain and suspension.

No knocks again anyone that wants the better seat material (I will admit it is better), one of my best friends bought an SP several months ago and had to have the Alcantara seats, sunroof, etc. He loves his car, as do I.

To be clear, I wouldn't say no to Alcantara seats in my car if someone threw them at me, but if I have to spend to buy the option I would say no. Keep the cost down to get what I feel is important and enjoy what I think is a perfectly acceptable seat material. Too each his own.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
276 Posts
My 19 SC came with the hounds tooth cloth. I quickly replaced them with Katzkin leather. Much nicer.

IMG_20200315_121439.jpg

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
430 Posts

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
217 Posts
Since I plan on eventually putting in a lightweight racing seat there was really no point in upgrading my seats, so I'm one of the ones that are happy getting cloth seats. For me, speed is top priority, and I do plan on taking mine to the track. If I want to ride in better luxury and comfort I'll just drive my Ram that day.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I too got the houndstooth cloth in my 2016 Scat Pack. My expectations for it were higher. I was used to the cloth seats in 80s and 90s Chrysler products. It was softer, more comfortable or plush. If they still made cloth seats like that, I would definitely prefer cloth. But the Houndstooth in the Challenger is more on the hard side. It almost feels like denim jeans. It wasn't doing it for me. So I did the katzkin swap.

·
Registered
19 scat pack triple nickel
113 Posts
The SP gets performance seats. The SXT gets Sport seats with lower bolsters. I just tossed the OEM Hounstooth for Katzkins. Didn't like the cloth.
It’s ultimately a preference. For example, I don’t like the alacantra seats, I wanted the full leather option but wasn’t available on 2019 scat pack. So I got the cloth seats which I haven’t had in a long time. They have exceeded my expectations so far and definitely feel better than seats in sxt which I have had as car rental before. My long term plan is katzkin leather seats in red, but I am satisfied enough with cloth seats to not be in a hurry.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts