Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few years back, I believe Bob Frederick was a sponsor here when his dealership created the following:
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 "Kowalski Edition" | car review @ Top Speed
I'm dying to order a 392 Scat Pack Shaker in Sublime Green with Sepia leather interior and Brass Monkey wheels! If Bob Frederick was able to put together the Kowolski edition, isn't it possible for you to pull off a similar feat? I've NO doubt there are at least ten people here that would want the car I've descibed above with myself being number 1! Come on Steve White Motors, MAKE IT HAPPEN. I'm on board and ready to sign up for #1!
I'm not sure why the Shaker is late availability, maybe a parts shortage? Surely they can scrounge up enough hoods and parts for ten of these to go down the assembly line. Anyone else here on board for this?:stickpoke:

·
Vendor
13,314 Posts
im sure we could pull it off, however just dont think there is enough interest.....the other issue you run into when modifying vehicles for sale prior to being sold, its the ability to get the customer financed

example we occasionally build Wranglers with very nice lift kits and wheels, add approx 7 to 8k to the vehicle, we normally sell those vehicle mutiple times before we can get them finance, to further explain....most bank, financial institution will only finance the value of the vehicle, some will allow additional financing on wheels or running boards, etc, usually no more than 2k, the issue is most customers cannot come up with sufficient down payment required by the financial institution which makes it hard to sell the vehicle, hence we shy away from building vehicles for the lot....of course all of this is based on credit score, the better the score the better chancer of getting better less expensive financing, however if you build a Challenger and add lets say 5 to 10k in upgrades, most buyers will have to have at least 5 to 10k down payment, many simply do not have it, even though they can easily make the monthly payment, they just do not have 10k to put down

Luke

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks for your explanation. I guess I can only hope that maybe Dodge will offer something different by the time the Shaker comes around!

·
Vendor
13,314 Posts
not to quote Cole Trickle, but our name isnt Petty or Saleen, those companies hope that their name is enough to justify large margins necessary to stay in business, we relied on many different sources or profit centers, the reason why we are less expensive in most cases.....

Luke

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
A few years back, I believe Bob Frederick was a sponsor here when his dealership created the following:
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 "Kowalski Edition" | car review @ Top Speed
I'm dying to order a 392 Scat Pack Shaker in Sublime Green with Sepia leather interior and Brass Monkey wheels! If Bob Frederick was able to put together the Kowolski edition, isn't it possible for you to pull off a similar feat? I've NO doubt there are at least ten people here that would want the car I've descibed above with myself being number 1! Come on Steve White Motors, MAKE IT HAPPEN. I'm on board and ready to sign up for #1!
I'm not sure why the Shaker is late availability, maybe a parts shortage? Surely they can scrounge up enough hoods and parts for ten of these to go down the assembly line. Anyone else here on board for this?:stickpoke:
I wanted the factory Sepia laguna in my Scat Pack as well. I quickly figured out this was a dead end and would approach $5,000 just for the leather, as you would have to piece it out and it isn't cheap... at all.

I settled for Katzin and it is VERY similar to the Black laguna. I'm know the quality isn't the same, but appearance is very similar right down to the stitching.

You can get the Brass monkey wheels on your own for about $4,000 for the set. You could sell your Scat Pack wheels and recoup some that cost.

I'd definitely get a SRT before I threw $9,000 into a Scat Pack though.

It is unfortunate that you can't get the laguna leather in the Scat Pack. It should not be excluded, as I would have paid to get it when I ordered my car.

Reactions: 1 person
1 - 8 of 8 Posts