Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has read or heard how the GT is selling? Will it be returning for '18?

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
No idea but probably pretty good, even seen a couple in Louisiana!

Yes, coming back for 2018.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I have seen a few here in Ohio.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Been wondering the same thing. Agree on the advertising. It's been all Demon every day. The dealer I bought mine from had 12 on order as of 1 Jan. I got the first one and there are now 4 left on the lot. The dealer is in southern NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Been wondering the same thing. Agree on the advertising. It's been all Demon every day. The dealer I bought mine from had 12 on order as of 1 Jan. I got the first one and there are now 4 left on the lot. The dealer is in southern NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least the GT got its own commercial.

Did the Scat Pack or SRT ever get one?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,987 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks A Guy. That shows that it's selling very well. The cheapest models of any car typically sell the best so it's no surprise that the SXT is outselling everything.

Other than that the RT is the only model outselling the GT. That's kind of surprising because there really is no reason for anyone to spend the extra money on a GT in the bottom third or even half of the country. That's good news for the availability of the GT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rental car companies that buy Challengers (Enterprise is a big one) buy SXT's almost exclusively. Same with the Camaros and Mustangs...Almost all V6's. So those sales numbers are likely getting a sizable boost from those. But I've seen at least 4 GT's in Fargo besides mine: 2 Whites, Red, and Green.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
GT definitely selling well even in states where you really don't need the AWD, it's just the new cool car to have and was smart for FCA to market and build it the way they did. I've seen several down here on the Gulf Coast, the AWD will come in handy in the sand and mud I guess!

Tim K said there are 19 states where the AWD Charger outsells the RWD version, we'll see what Challenger does but looks like the GT is here to stay.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I'd be curious to know how many of those sales were rental fleets.
Total FCA August sales of 140,000 vehicles had 35,000 of them fleet sales. No idea how the Challenger breaks down but a good portion of SXT sales would be fleet. All the Canadian SXT sales are fleet as none of the base models are available to the public in Canada.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts