Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my R/ts differential I’m thinking of changing the gear ratio but after looking at it I think the previous owner might have already changed the gears out but I want to know if he did change it out what did he change it to

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts
This will work for a ballpark

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,542 Posts
I pulled my R/ts differential I’m thinking of changing the gear ratio but after looking at it I think the previous owner might have already changed the gears out but I want to know if he did change it out what did he change it to
what year / transmission?

and at 60mph in top gear, how many rpm are you running at?

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
That's what I was going to suggest, get out on the highway at 60 mph and report back with the Rpm, that would be the easiest.

And is it an automatic or manual trans?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Well put the car on jack stands, mark the tire and the driveshaft with chalk and spin the back wheel once and count how many times the drive shaft turns. Turn the rear wheel the same way the wheel would turn if the car was moving forward. Also observe the wheel on the opposite side of the car, if it turns in the opposite direction you are turning your wheel, lower 1 side of the car so that tire can not spin while you turn the other, if it spins the same way you are good.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,169 Posts
A5 had 3.06, A8 have 3.09, M6 have 3.90

·
Registered
613 Posts
If its out and a part you can count the ring gear and pinion teeth then divide the two. This will tell you ratio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts