Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all i am new to the site and i need some help with a problem i have. i am currently searching the site for solutions and help but i will also ask. i own a 2009 challenger srt8 6.1 six speed with a procharger, ho intercooled making 522 hp to the wheels. i also have nitto 555 extreme drag radials on the back 275/40. makes lots of hp but i do have traction issues. my friend has an evo lancer 2007 all wheel drive with a turbo running 15 to 30lbs of boost his best track time is 11.5 he is begging to race me and swears he will win. i think he might unless i get my traction issue under control . with me the launch is the biggest problem if i can tame wheel spin and loss of traction at take of and stop the sideways movement i think i can beat him. I am thinking my best bet at finding a solution to my problem will be in upgrading the suspension and springs . anybody who knows how to fix my problem or has had similar issues and fixed could you please respond with links to or suggestions,thanks .when i take of i would like for it to grab and go in a straight line any suggestions on upgrades needed to give me a better fighting chance at this would be appreciated the more control the better

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Are you still on the stock rim width? Those may be suited for the street, but you should really consider a set of drag rims with slicks like a lot of people on here wind up going with. That will definitely help, and if it doesn't solve the problem then there are suspensions to look into. New wheels and tires is probably going to be your cheapest solution.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks those nittos are actually drags radials ntrddr5 extreme drag but they are on stock wheels

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yeah but they're really more meant for the street. I'm talking something more along the lines of 17/10.5 or 18/11 with hoosiers or the like. That will for sure make you hook up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts