Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the front of my car today and saw this on the splitter.. Idk how it got there because I always park far away from parking curbs etc. and it wasn't there before. Also, it's not also scratched on the bottom of the splitter so I doubt I bottomed out on a driveway or something. Anyone know how to fix it/avoid it?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks somewhat familiar. Earlier in the year I hit a plastic trash can that was on the road, the mouth was pretty much directly facing the car. Along with destroying the bumper cover it dented the splitter, you can pretty much see the shape of the trash can in the damage. From your pics it looks similar. Do you recall hitting any debris on the road? It really wouldn't take much.

Not sure if that can be repaired, the splitter can be replaced, the one for my 5.7 was about 80 bucks but the entire bumper cover has to come off to put the splitter on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
I am on my third new air dam, they run about $120 for the 2016 version. The shop is able to replace it in about 45 minutes. For now, I would try some 1000 grit sandpaper, them put some trim type stuff, like Aerospace 303, see how it looks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks somewhat familiar. Earlier in the year I hit a plastic trash can that was on the road, the mouth was pretty much directly facing the car. Along with destroying the bumper cover it dented the splitter, you can pretty much see the shape of the trash can in the damage. From your pics it looks similar. Do you recall hitting any debris on the road? It really wouldn't take much.

Not sure if that can be repaired, the splitter can be replaced, the one for my 5.7 was about 80 bucks but the entire bumper cover has to come off to put the splitter on.
I'm positive I haven't hit any debris, but maybe it happened while pulling into a parking lot with a steep entrance ramp? I feel like if that happened the bottom would also be scraped but it's not

·
Registered
424 Posts
If I worried about my splitter I'd be replacing it every week.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I put spliter washers on mine. Got a steep driveway . Google ZL1 spliter washers.

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
I have seen people with scratched plastic trim take a lighter and quickly take the flame and go over the damaged surface and it made it noticeably better. I'm sure you can research many methods to make it look better without having to replace it. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts