Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used colored piping/trim by 3M for interior mods? The tape on the back of this piping isn't sticky enough and I have even tried additional 3M tape...and again not sticky enough. What did you guys use on your interior? See photo attached.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
it should just hold in place with the little flang that is pressed into the seam. I used a wooden roller to press the flat seam splitter flang in the crack.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Most people are using the smaller piping off ebay from a seller called hattrick15. The piping doesn't hold on with tape like yours. It has a flange type piece attached, that you wedge into the cracks/seams of your door and that flange holds it in without using tape.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most people are using the smaller piping off ebay from a seller called hattrick15. The piping doesn't hold on with tape like yours. It has a flange type piece attached, that you wedge into the cracks/seams of your door and that flange holds it in without using tape.
Yeah, I got mine from someone that goes by gtplus. There is no flang on this product and looks a bit different than what hattrick15 has. I don't want to use glue and may have to scrap it and look at hattrick15 products. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Here is the product: Van Style Shining Orange Flexible Trim Moulding Strip Bold New Universal for Car | eBay

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still needs a little work, but I got it in. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got my purple welting from him

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a website where I can buy this in red, I've been looking but I can't find it
I am not positive, but from what the others are saying, hattrick15 on Ebay may have it. Looks like purple was available so that's a good sign. Good luck and let us know.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Has anyone used colored piping/trim by 3M for interior mods? The tape on the back of this piping isn't sticky enough and I have even tried additional 3M tape...and again not sticky enough. What did you guys use on your interior? See photo attached.

Thanks in advance
Wipe the surface down with Iso alcohol and apply when the area is warm. Should help. Any interior cleaners that you or the dealer might have used could prohibit the adhesive from adhering.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I purchased mine from Embossed Welt "Seat Cord"
If you use "scottkeen" in the coupon code area, it will save you a 15% (I think). It worked when I purchased mine anyway. I ordered 12 yards and have enough to do a few cars. It was only $15 shipped. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts