Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a brand new 11 RT 5.7L about 2 months ago.....I want to add some more Horsepower to it and have been hearing stuff about chips and what not...some people even told me not to get the chips.

I am very new to all this so I was just wondering, whats the best way to add horsepower to my RT and that costs under $300.

thanks

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
6 speed or auto? For 300 it depends where you're eventually gonna go with it, but if you've got an auto and plan on doing some more work down the line I'd go with the predator handheld tuner. Tough to do much with a couple bucks like that but I'd say thats your best bet.

·
Registered
637 Posts
These are the normal mods catback exhaust (cai) cold air in take
And a diablosport predator tuner I would go with tuner but idk
If the tuner would work on the 11 R/T.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thats going to be a problem on all the 2011's. I just got back from HMP 1/8th mile track in Houston. Two weeks ago a 392 ran out there and the owner posted a 8.89 @83.0 mph. I finally got a decent launch today and ran a [email protected] with a 2.1188 60ft.The gassers outnumbered the stockers more than 10 to 1.So I had to battle the water box all day.My first run was the worst 60ft I think I have ever run. 2.57 There was no escaping the water and I did a short spin,wasn't enough.My 2nd is shown above, but I still had two puddles to manuever around. HRP in Baytown has enough room to get around the water, but it's also 75 miles from my house.FWIW I used the Predator 93 cai tune modified a touch with .5% more fuel in all rpm ranges. Car ran extremely well, as I left esp on and did not use auto stick. Duh!I wish I had a laptop to data log, cause I'd bet dollars to donuts,I short shifted 1-2 around 4800, 2-3 about 5400 as I got a noticably long run in 3rd.By the time I hit the brakes my speedo was showing 90 mph.One of these days I'll learn to drive.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Wait for the higher shift point tune to come out.
This week you will love it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Here's the time slip not very clear, I never know what quality I'll get out of this
HP pile of crap

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My opponent for that run was this cute thing driving her boyfriends p/u. She got a car length holeshot, but I caught and then passed her at the 330 mark.At my age I should not let tight jeans distract me.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My opponent for that run was this cute thing driving her boyfriends p/u. She got a car length holeshot, but I caught and then passed her at the 330 mark.At my age I should not let tight jeans distract me.
It happens to te best if us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts