Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 widebody Scat Pack with the Uconnect 4c nav with 8.4" display and the 18 speaker Harmon Kardon speaker setup. I live in Las Vegas and so far this car has not left the city. Every time I drive it I get extreme weather alerts from California from areas that are up to several hundred miles away. They did mention during the walk through that there is no traffic info available for Las Vegas but that is because we don't have traffic helicopters flying around all the time. There must be a setting somewhere to narrow the range of weather alerts.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,657 Posts
I have a 2019 widebody Scat Pack with the Uconnect 4c nav with 8.4" display and the 18 speaker Harmon Kardon speaker setup. I live in Las Vegas and so far this car has not left the city. Every time I drive it I get extreme weather alerts from California from areas that are up to several hundred miles away. They did mention during the walk through that there is no traffic info available for Las Vegas but that is because we don't have traffic helicopters flying around all the time. There must be a setting somewhere to narrow the range of weather alerts.

There have been several threads on this subject. In one directions were given to navigate to some location in uConnect and one could remove/eliminate/turn off the active alerts. I don't recall the details because it didn't work. I searched high and low for some way to disable the active alert thinking at some point if I did this enough I'd have disabled all the alerts from my county and surrounding counties.

I contacted Dodge customer service about how to disable these annoying and distracting weather alerts and this was the reply:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting the SRT Customer Assistance Center.

Congratulations on the purchase of your 2018 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT
HELLCAT.

I can most certainly understand why it would be frustrating for you to
have an issue with the weather alerts being a distraction. You would
have been auto enrolled in a one year service with the vehicle purchase.
I have contacted the Sirius XM number and you can cancel the travel link
part of the program if you wish by contacting them at 1-888-539-7474 and
they would be happy to assist you. The Sirius XM radio services would
be separate and you can cancel both or just the travel link section.

Enjoy you beautiful new Hellcat and Have a good day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I admit I have not called yet. I loathe using the phone and calling the above number and dealing with what I suspect will customer service that discourages the disabling of any Sirius features -- and especially for someone who has not subscribed to any of that Sirius stuff -- will prove to be the stuff of tech support nightmares.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I thought the tazer from zautomotive has an option to turn off weather alerts.

Otherwise I don't think there is away around it until subscription ends.
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/weather-alerts-605953/

Although if you want alerts for your area I thought you need to setup a favorite location. To be honest I only saw the weather alert once during my entire ownership of my challenger.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get 3 or 4 alerts every time I drive the car but I can just continue hitting the OK and put up with it. I have a 5 year deal included with the Sirrus XM.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve been getting the alerts even after cancelling the XM subscription outright. It’s infuriating. I had several hour long calls to both sides of customer service (Dodge and XM). Both tell you to cancel the subscription and then go talk to the other one if that doesn’t fix it. XM says see a dealer. Dodge says talk to XM. After one particularly long call the XM rep said the alerts will continue even after cancelling a subscription, until your radio ID is assigned to a new customer. Dodge clearly has no interest in fixing this.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I’ve been getting the alerts even after cancelling the XM subscription outright. It’s infuriating. I had several hour long calls to both sides of customer service (Dodge and XM). Both tell you to cancel the subscription and then go talk to the other one if that doesn’t fix it. XM says see a dealer. Dodge says talk to XM. After one particularly long call the XM rep said the alerts will continue even after cancelling a subscription, until your radio ID is assigned to a new customer. Dodge clearly has no interest in fixing this.
Like I said, apparently the tazer can fix this. Otherwise you probably have to wait for the 5 year free travel link trial to end. :dunno:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like I said, apparently the tazer can fix this. Otherwise you probably have to wait for the 5 year free travel link trial to end. :dunno:
The notifications persist even if you cancel ALL services - not just radio. That includes the free trial. Quite frankly I’m amazed there hasn’t been a class action lawsuit over this. It’s downright dangerous. You need to take your eyes off the road and a hand off the wheel to suppress the full screen pop up every time the wind blows. This is completely unacceptable. It’s amateur hour at FCA infotainment.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
The notifications persist even if you cancel ALL services - not just radio. That includes the free trial. Quite frankly I’m amazed there hasn’t been a class action lawsuit over this. It’s downright dangerous. You need to take your eyes off the road and a hand off the wheel to suppress the full screen pop up every time the wind blows. This is completely unacceptable. It’s amateur hour at FCA infotainment.
It's obviously not cancelled if you are still receiving notifications. I stopped payment on my sirrus account and it took months before it finally was deactivated. I wish there was a service where you can completely scrub the VIN from uconnect system.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's obviously not cancelled if you are still receiving notifications. I stopped payment on my sirrus account and it took months before it finally was deactivated. I wish there was a service where you can completely scrub the VIN from uconnect system but I heard it's easier to find a cure for cancer.
You’re absolutely right. Working for an OEM I’m blown away that FCA would allow this to happen, much less to continue. No matter what they say about this being Sirius’ fault, the fact remains that FCA owns the infotainment system. It’s a trivial task to suppress XM alerts from a programming standpoint. If they write their own software, it can be fixed internally. If they don’t, they can tell their supplier to get this straightened out. There is absolutely no excuse for allowing this bullshit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts