Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to upgrade to the 392 front lip spoiler. I went to dodge and the parts guy was an idiot. Anyway I came home with a handful of screws and push pin things and a solid 1 piece lip tbat looks like the srt one to me. I heard the 392 was 3 pieces? Can anyone tell me if I got the right one ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
583 Posts
pics? the 392 has vents for the brakes. for it to work right you will also need to buy the srt belly pan. Its been done many times before. "speedys garage" on youtube has lots of install videos including the front splitter

·
Registered
583 Posts
yep. thats the lip. let me know how the install of the lip goes. maybe a write up? im looking to do the same thing. ive read that its better to not use the srt belly pan because the passenger side air duct cant be used because of the power steering location. so good move!. keep me updated!

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
write down the vin # and give it to the idiot parts guy.
Sir/Madam, I take great exception to this comment.
I hardly consider myself an 'idiot'.

I have worked many years at the counter. Decades in fact. I have many years of Chrysler training.
Grampa owned a Dodge dealership in the 50s/60s/70s in Detroit. Grew up there. Mopar runs through my veins.
I've worked parts counters longer than many members here have been alive.
I consider myself reasonably intelligent (I have instructed college courses on ACAD drafting in my spare time on the weekends). Engineered/drafted multi-million dollar homes, landscapes and municipal parks.

I work with cars by choice because I LOVE EM, and I take care of my customers as if every car was my own.

I will admit, I have worked with some who did not belong behind the counter.....but most I have worked with know what they are doing.

I'm a parts guy, proud of it, and no idiot!
Don't be a hater ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts

I have worked many years at the counter. Decades in fact. I have many years of Chrysler training.
Grampa owned a Dodge dealership in the 50s/60s/70s in Detroit. Grew up there. Mopar runs through my veins.
I consider myself reasonably intelligent (I have instructed college courses on ACAD drafting in my spare time on the weekends). Engineered/drafted multi-million dollar homes, landscapes and municipal parks.

I work with cars by choice because I LOVE EM, and I take care of my customers as if every car was my own.

I will admit, I have worked with some who did not belong behind the counter.....but most I have worked with know what they are doing.

Don't be a hater ;)
What does any of this have to do with the incompetent parts guys who helped the original poster?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about you. And although you may have know what I was talking about the guy at the dealership that I was at was an idiot. That doesn't imply that all parts guys are idiots. So I don't know why you took offense to it

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with my post. I was not talking about you. And although you may have know what I was talking about the guy at the dealership that I was at was an idiot. That doesn't imply that all parts guys are idiots. So I don't know why you took offense to it

I'm with you on this.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
was this shipped to you or did you pick it up yourself at the parts dept.?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts

Don't be a hater ;)

Lol. I'm sorry if I offended you.
I was referring to that one particular "parts guy" that was helping the OP. Did I say ALL parts guys are idiots? Dude, please. You're WAY overreacting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Missing parts

Glad to see your making the upgrade to the 392 front spoiler. Now just a heads up, Your missing 2 pieces, they are sold seperatly from the chin spoiler but are part of the whole package.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Air Dam Support
68024342AC -driver side
68024343AC -passenger side

$21.26.... a piece.

This is what your missing and here are the part #s.

And it's Snowcat !

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Be careful of what part you get if you get a belly pan. I installed P/N# 68043390-AA and it doesn't fit the 2014 MY because there is a power steering part that blocks the passenger side duct work. I had to cut it out to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Be careful of what part you get if you get a belly pan. I installed P/N# 68043390-AA and it doesn't fit the 2014 MY because there is a power steering part that blocks the passenger side duct work. I had to cut it out to make it fit.

Did you cut out the entire duct or just a section to get clearance for the power steering?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts