Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Nav stereo in the challenger, with the built in hard drive. I've loaded songs from a CD to the hard drive before, but how do i download the MP3's in my Itouch onto the hard drive?

I plan on passing over the I touch to one of the kids this holiday season, and therefore need to transfer my catalog of music from the I touch to the hard drive, since that is the only place i ever listen to the songs anyway. When i use the IPOD interface in the console, it plays the music through the Itouch itself, but it doesn't download them, should i hook into the USB port in the dash? I don't want to lose the music already saved, and not all of the songs are loaded on the computer and synched properly, Itunes sees most of them, but doesn't know where all of them are, since i moved the directory of music on the home computer, it can't seem to find the songs anymore.

I may either buy another i-touch or an I-phone to replace it, still haven't decided. If i replace it, i can use the I tunes software to reload most of the library for future use, but i'd like to have the tunes saved to the hard drive rather than copy each CD over manually.

appreciate the assistance.

Lord Warlock

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yep..USB it
Copy all to a USB Thumb drive..this works well also. Might do the MP3 ripper..then copy...save big time space om mygig. And if all else fails..look thru the Owners Manual..very detailed info..Thats how I did it on the Charger

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
You need to have the albums on the usb stick in folders by album.
The format should be mp3. When you plug in the usb stick it the MyGig
will prompt you what to do.

You can't directly load them from the IPOD as far as I know.

You can find software to upload from the IPOD to your PC in mp3 format and then copy to usb stick.

Or rip the CDs to mp3s again on your PC and copy to usb stick then the MyGig.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment you don't want to rip directly from CD to the MyGig, it is very slow.

I keep all my music on SD cards for backup and then use a usb stick that I can plug the SD card into to load to the MyGigs.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them loaded tonight, I tried to load them via the ipod, but it wouldn't copy them from the ipod even if plugged into the usb jack, so i took an 8gig memory stick and copied all the files to the stick, then loaded them all into the stereo, worked great, maybe next time i'll organize them better with specific playlists etc, but for now i have all the favorite artists for the past 30 years loaded into the mygig with room to spare, and no need to even hook up the ipod anymore unless i want to control it visually. It appeared to have loaded them all in alphabetical order.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Glad you got it. Were you able to directly copy off the IPOD to the PC or did you need some additional software.

You should be able to pick what plays on the MyGig by Album, Artist, etc using the various menus.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had initially downloaded the files to the PC using other software than Itunes, so they were saved to the hard drive in two locations and i just copied them from those locations to the memory stick, about 400 songs total. The Itunes software will collect the mp3 files on your system to put them into the Ipod, but i couldn't figure out how to get them out of the itouch i have now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts