Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine seem to get really dirty in no time. I spent a recent day cleaning my wheels and repeatedly bumped my knuckles on the rotors, especially the monsters up front. I am going to try to make a scrub brush to clean the inside area which is hard for me to reach. Is there a certain trick or method any of you use to expedite this process? List all tools or cleaners please, vids would be welcome also. Thanks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT
307 Posts
Change your brake pads to help eliminate the excessive dusting.Most are going to Power Stop but there are others available now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
powerstop z23 pads work good,low dust.

Change your brake pads to help eliminate the excessive dusting.Most are going to powerstop but there are others available now.
Powerstop Z23 pads work good,low dust also I use a webster cob web brush that I got from amazon works great. They're is a video on yt by mikeyutoob I think, would link if I knew how?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
If you clean em about once a week or even every 2 weeks or so you can use regular glass wipes, cleans em good and every few months I give em a coat of wax

·
Registered
937 Posts
This is my 3rd Challenger with Brembos. All 3 I switched to PowerStops. My latest car I decided to try Chemical Brothers wheel protection on the wheels and calipers. I just put on last Monday and did break in so not sure how it works yet. Dust is supposed to rinse right off with hose.

·
Super Moderator
13,867 Posts
Mine seem to get really dirty in no time. I spent a recent day cleaning my wheels and repeatedly bumped my knuckles on the rotors, especially the monsters up front. I am going to try to make a scrub brush to clean the inside area which is hard for me to reach. Is there a certain trick or method any of you use to expedite this process? List all tools or cleaners please, vids would be welcome also. Thanks.
I assume that you have an older SRT with the Brembo brake pads?

I have a 2009 SRT with the same problem. I simply keep my wheels waxed (including the inner wheel areas) and wipe off the inner wheel brake dust using paper towels and a spray water bottle. For the outside of the wheels, I use Meguiars' Detail Spray and a microfiber towel. It only takes me about 10 minutes to do all four wheels and the resultant slick finish helps to repel brake dust. (Note- The original detail spray formula is fine- no need to buy the more expensive Ultimate Detail Spray for the wheels).

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Good idea, I have ordered a set of Power Stop pads, I think I will clean AND wax the wheels while they are off for future ease of cleaning. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I cleaned mine by getting my wheels powdercoated (I suppose you could paint them) a satin black, and not caring about it anymore. Spray it down with a hose or pressure washer and 95% of the dust you can notice/see is essentially invisible.

Cost me like $450 bucks, looks better, and now I don't worry about the excess brake dust.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good idea, I have ordered a set of Power Stop pads, I think I will clean AND wax the wheels while they are off for future ease of cleaning. :thinkerg:
I usually use wax but this time I ordered and used this stuff. I've used chemical guys products before and always been satisfied with it. Swapped out the pads with the Z23's and did my wheels and calipers with this and so far very happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Griots Heavy duty wheel cleaner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts