Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the dumbest of dumb questions but it drives me nuts.

How in the world do you close your trunk without putting your fingers on the paint or on the extremely scratchable plastic between the taillights?

There's no acceptable place to touch on the outside of the trunk, and nothing solid to grab on the inside of the trunk. I'm rocking a 2016, FYI. My wife's 2008 Prius had a handle built in on the inside of the hatch. I wish my Challenger had one of those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,206 Posts
I use the end of the spoiler

A Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A Guy
It never occurred to me to search for an aftermarket solution. Brilliant!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,415 Posts
I use the corner of the tail light (two fingers) because it puts no stress on the spoiler end and it jjust takes one swipe of a microfiber cloth with some detailing spray on it to clean her up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I made mine from black nylon webbing, looks like the "Trunk Pulls" shown above.
Made one for the hood as well.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,923 Posts
I just use the top of the spoiler since it usually has the least amount of dust/dirt deposited on it when compared to the back of the car. If kept properly waxed, it's usually fairly well protected from scratches. I've never felt the spoiler's been at risk since I'm fairly easy on it when closing. Car color's another major factor since darker colors tend to show scratching more readily.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,844 Posts
I use the bottom of the tail light. Never had to touch the paint or the black plastic between the tail lights.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,206 Posts
My spoiler is satin black, not gloss paint

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,008 Posts
I close mine gently...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I use this crease on the trunk to close it. Stripes don’t show prints.
Oh. And I close it gently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well my trunk is stripped so there are pannel gaps under the carpet cover I use so I don’t touch the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
So this is the dumbest of dumb questions but it drives me nuts.

How in the world do you close your trunk without putting your fingers on the paint or on the extremely scratchable plastic between the taillights?

There's no acceptable place to touch on the outside of the trunk, and nothing solid to grab on the inside of the trunk. I'm rocking a 2016, FYI. My wife's 2008 Prius had a handle built in on the inside of the hatch. I wish my Challenger had one of those.

I bought the 100 year anniversary emblem and affixed it to the center at the very bottom. Makes the PERFECT finger grip and looks good too. (even if mine IS a 2015 not a '14)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts