Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear you can custom build and buy a challenger online with exactly the features you want. I tried that on the dodge site and when I get to the summary screen, i can search local dealerships or get a quote. Can someone help guide me. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I configured my online, you can print it out and take it to a dealer, and they can either try and find one available nationwide, or can order you one from the factory (depending on the time of the year).

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hear you can custom build and buy a challenger online with exactly the features you want. I tried that on the dodge site and when I get to the summary screen, i can search local dealerships or get a quote. Can someone help guide me. Thanks.
The Dodge website "Build Your Own" is still showing the 2017 models. The 2018's won't be online for another month or two. Dodge is slow to update the website. When the site is updated, you do as the last poster said, configure the options you want, print the list, and take it to your favorite Dodge dealer. They will search for a car that closely matches what you want, pressure you to buy a leftover that has some but not all of the options you really want, then pressure you to buy a dealer stock 2018 that has most but not all the options you really want. After you convince the dealer to order the car to the exact specs you want, they will tell you it's going to cost a lot of money and they won't discount the special order. You will tell them over and over again that you're not going to pay that much for a custom order and you want a better deal. If you can hang in there long enough, show them a comparable price and invoice pricing from TrueCar and other sites, show them you know more about the Challenger than they do, and stay strong, you will get what you want at the price you want. You may have to visit more than one dealer to make it happen. I've heard that you can actually order a car at a good discount price from Costco, but since I've never shopped there, I don't have personal experience, just what I've read online. Do a search on this site and on google to find out more about it.

Whatever you do, don't believe the dealer the first three times he tells you that it can't be done your way. Stay tough but be nice. Keep asking questions here and we will try to help as best we can. If you can give us an idea of where you're located and what options/features you want in a car, we can better help you. Good luck and keep us posted of your progress.

One more thing... 2018's are available to order now. 2018's started production a couple of weeks ago. They are building them now. Don't let the dealer tell you they haven't started making 2018's yet.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I custom built mine directly at the dealership. Sat in front of their computer and they showed me every single option available when I order my T/A.

Dealer system updates faster than website. I ordered my T/A before they were even showing on the website.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agree with the other posts. I sat at a desk in the dealership and looked over every option for my 2018 T/A 392 in the computer order bank. It took 3 different dealership visits to actually find one willing to take the time to sit down and make the order instead of trying to sell me one on their lot. I was very emphatic that I knew what I wanted. It was just built the other day and is going through the finish process. Hoping to have it in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Agree with the other posts. I sat at a desk in the dealership and looked over every option for my 2018 T/A 392 in the computer order bank. It took 3 different dealership visits to actually find one willing to take the time to sit down and make the order instead of trying to sell me one on their lot. I was very emphatic that I knew what I wanted. It was just built the other day and is going through the finish process. Hoping to have it in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
Pics upon arrival...but you know that. You are going to love your T/A!

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
When you special order, the window sticker even has your name on it. Neat little touch for waiting 6 weeks. That's the average of what your going to wait for your car to be delivered.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Also don't put money down if a dealer tells you to. An order isn't a sale. If the car arrives and you decide that it isn't what you wanted, you don't have to buy/lease it even if it has your name on the window sticker. (I'll add a 100% refundable money hold I guess would be ok but I'm not that type to give something like $1k or my trade-in keys to be held hostage by a dealer that wants that stuff. Mine never has so I don't have those problems)

I ordered mine over the phone because the dealer I trust is 30 miles away and my sales manager and salesman had a spec by spec list of how I wanted my T/A to be. They called to confirm a few things like the 3-season tires.

My dealer worked with what they could do for a 17 T/A that would fit my want but the only one that was near exact was at a dealership that wouldn't work a dealerswap. They are starting my sales offer at invoice so we'll have a little negotiating to do when the car arrives and hopefully Dodge will have some 2018 incentives by then or the 17s that are over optioned might be down even further by then. Heh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts