Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im guilty of adding to it... currently driving a silver Mustang and constantly flip flopping between ordering a Granite or Jazz blue Scat Pack. sometimes on the road or in a parking lot I look around and im part of a sea of gray, silver, white and black. More than half of the 11 Challenger "color" offerings are black white or gray/silver with only reds, blues and sublime added, and with the Charger it's grayscale, blue or red. That's it

Not long ago, cars were more colorful and computers and phones were black or gray. Now most cars are in the grayscale and electronics come in every shade of the rainbow. Wha' happened?

Just a passing observation, carry on.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Im guilty of adding to it... currently driving a silver Mustang and constantly flip flopping between ordering a Granite or Jazz blue Scat Pack. sometimes on the road or in a parking lot I look around and im part of a sea of gray, silver, white and black. More than half of the 11 Challenger "color" offerings are black white or gray/silver with only reds, blues and sublime added, and with the Charger it's grayscale, blue or red. That's it

Not long ago, cars were more colorful and computers and phones were black or gray. Now most cars are in the grayscale and electronics come in every shade of the rainbow. Wha' happened?

I was flopping between the same colors......can't go wrong. Granite looks a bit meaner IMO. I'm very obsessive about cleaning, and I knew jazz blue would show a little more dirt. Good luck w/ your decision.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I love my current granite challenger. I ordered a '15 scat pack in silver though...I'm hoping I like it.

...if not I'll the dealer will be keeping it and I'll be ordering another one in a different color.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi Ho Silver

Well, I have a long history of cars colors, everything from sublime, to yellow, to B5, to white and black.

Currently I have a PCP (which is like the "new" black, as far as upkeep), and a Billet Silver.

I have found the Billet silver the best! Its not as stark as white, not hard to maintain like black, or the darker colors, and looks great with black highights (rims, spoiler, gas cap, tinted windows.)

So, if you filp cars often, it dont really matter. but I think the silver will look better than the other darker colors as the years roll on....

Dont get me wrong, I love the look of the other colors, just what you want to driver everyday is what counts.

Attachments

Reactions: salvy59 and ESOLO

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well, I have a long history of cars colors, everything from sublime, to yellow, to B5, to white and black.

Currently I have a PCP (which is like the "new" black, as far as upkeep), and a Billet Silver.

I have found the Billet silver the best! Its not as stark as white, not hard to maintain like black, or the darker colors, and looks great with black highights (rims, spoiler, gas cap, tinted windows.)

So, if you filp cars often, it dont really matter. but I think the silver will look better than the other darker colors as the years roll on....

Dont get me wrong, I love the look of the other colors, just what you want to driver everyday is what counts.
I agree 100% which is why my 15 order is Billet Silver, I love the way it looks with the black highlights , especially with the black wheels and stripe of the SP appearance group, and after owning a Pitch Black Challenger, I'm ready for a color that won't trigger my OCD every time I walk past it , (omg is that a tiny imperfection? is that a new microscopic swirl that came out of nowhere?)

Out of the modern "colorful" palette , my favorites would have to be detonator yellow and GWE

Reactions: shaker2014

·
Registered
16,481 Posts
Anybody got that pic of the Granite Hellcat with Brass Monkeys and Sepia interior? Now THAT is one awesome looking Hellcat!

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
You are correct, pull into any large parking lot and it is a sea of various shades of gray. I was originally ordering my Hellcat in Granite, then changed to a different color for this very reason.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Too many silvers and grays out there. Wasn't silver voted on as the most popular color of some survey recently? Idk I forgot where I read it but it's just so boring to me. Some like it but not for me. Nuh uh! Gotta have black or some high impact color in my book if you're getting a muscle car

Reactions: rayzazoo

·
Registered
212 Posts
Around here its white, pulled into the parking lot of a small branch of the company I work for and of the 13 personal vehicles in it, 12 were white, the 13th was champange

over all I'd guess somewhere between 30-40% of (personal non fleet)vehicles on the road in my area are white, looking at trucks only, its prob closer to 50%

·
Registered
398 Posts
After I'd already bought my Jazz Blue R/T, I saw a silver Blacktop Edition with the stripes, and MAN, did it look HOT!!

That said, the wife was pretty adamant about me not buying a car "the same color as the road", but then she drives like a grandmother, and she isn't one yet.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I love my silver Challenger. Its one elegant lookin' beast in that color. Especially with the tinted windows. The black and silver is a great contrast.

Reactions: shaker2014

·
Registered
545 Posts
Too many silvers and grays out there. Wasn't silver voted on as the most popular color of some survey recently? Idk I forgot where I read it but it's just so boring to me. Some like it but not for me. Nuh uh! Gotta have black or some high impact color in my book if you're getting a muscle car
Kowalski does not agree

Reactions: ESOLO
1 - 20 of 55 Posts