Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a srt that came with no jack. I realized I have 4 jack points that I think I can lift with my floor jack. I have seen people mention blocks that can be attached at the jack points and even have seen hockey pucks modified to avoid damaging the pinch welds. So my question is. What do you use when you have to do an oil change, brake job or detail your rims?lol any suggestions for me will be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
I like the pinch weld jack adapters and put a rubber cushion on the jack then the adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Pad-Premium-magnetic-displayed/dp/B00O72Y2CE#Ask

I also use the hockey puck (Ebay) for the front that fit into the oval hole in the frame and just use a jack for that too. You can also place a jack on the rubber cylinders that stick down from the frame in the rear just forward of the rear tires on the frame too. For oil changes I use Race Ramps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I have a srt that came with no jack. I realized I have 4 jack points that I think I can lift with my floor jack. I have seen people mention blocks that can be attached at the jack points and even have seen hockey pucks modified to avoid damaging the pinch welds. So my question is. What do you use when you have to do an oil change, brake job or detail your rims?lol any suggestions for me will be appreciated
Thanks
You might want to do a google search of this forum like so:

site:challengertalk.com lift points

It's amazing how many many times it's been discussed here.

For example, one of the links you would have found contained 16 pages HERE

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did try doing the search you mentioned. For whatever reason, maybe the browser my iPad is using, it would not go through. I tried 3 different times but to no avail.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,037 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great thread!
I'm getting ready to paint the brake calipers this weekend, and need to jack the car up for the 1st time.
So, I bought these from ZL1, made especially for Challengers and Chargers apparently.

"We have made our production set of front lift pads for the 2010 to 2017 Challenger and Charger. They are made of billet aluminum and will come in sets of 2 because the rear of the Challenger has lift pads. They come with mounting tool. The are angled as to not catch on any road surface."
https://zl1addons.com/collections/jackpads-magpads/products/challenger-front-lift-pads-coming-soon
Although it says "Coming soon" it shows 94 in stock on the website.
$49.95 for the set.

Also purchased new brake pads front and rear and will be checking mine during the painting process to see if they need changing.
Car currently has approx. 23,600 miles on it as well as 22 runs down the track.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
seems like mine is on stands all the time, nice aluminum bigboy jack
Luke

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
So, I bought these from ZL1, made especially for Challengers and Chargers apparently.

"We have made our production set of front lift pads for the 2010 to 2017 Challenger and Charger. They are made of billet aluminum and will come in sets of 2 because the rear of the Challenger has lift pads. They come with mounting tool. The are angled as to not catch on any road surface."
https://zl1addons.com/collections/jackpads-magpads/products/challenger-front-lift-pads-coming-soon
Although it says "Coming soon" it shows 94 in stock on the website.
$49.95 for the set.
Did you buy a set for the rear also or do you know if they fit the rear. I tried calling ZL1 but no answer. I know there's the factory puck in the rear but I wanted to have a even lift in case so shop lifts by the pinch weld. I also could no longer find the bolt on pucks for the subframe on their site anymore. Wonder if they dropped that.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I put my Challenger and my wife's Charger on jack stands all the time. It's easy now that I've figured it out. Both cars are pretty much identical underneath. I cut a 2X4 (2 1/2") long, then wrapped it in duct tape. It inserts perfectly in the slot shown as No. 1, the duct tape holds it in place, and it also allows the jack to clear the side skirts. I jack the entire side of the car up at once, place jack stands at No. 2 and No. 3, then go around to the other side of the car and do the same. The entire car is up on 4 jackstands in less than 10 minutes.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts