Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon,

I'm know I'm pretty meticulous with trying to keep my Challenger as damage free as possible. While pulling into a parking spot I couldn't really tell how high the curb was up front so I bumped into it a little so it got a little scrapped up and the bottom part got scrapped up prior by the dealership as well. I still have my dealer installed splitter protectors. I know some people dislike that bright yellow thing. My car is pitch black, i don't mind it too much. It kind of matches with the yellow in the badging.

I know I could reverse park but do you guys care anymore if the front splitter gets a bit scuffed and scratched? Do any of you have a damage free splitter? What do you guys do to protect it? I thought the demon's front splitter looked nice it offers full protection and you could always paint it to make it stand out less.

Does the scatpack and Demon have the same splitter protectors? If so does anyone have these guards they wanna get rid of?

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
If you wish you can spray them black with plasti-dip. The splitter isn’t so expensive that you can’t enjoy driving the car.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
I remember reading on here that some people have installed a sensor that tells them when to stop before getting too close to a parking block or curb. Sorry I don't have the exact name of the product but I'm sure some searching on here will yield results.

I haven't had my car for long but I plan on backing in like you mentioned.

saint 0:)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Always back in now
i pulled up to a bumper really slow, didn't hear it even touch so no biggie
when went to leave i here it hit as I'm backing up. not much i can do at that point so just kept going.
figured i messed up the splitter.
i get home and have a look, splitter is fine because it is still attached to the bumper cover which is half torn off. talk about being sick.
took it straight to the shop. turned out it only broke one little plastic piece inside.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Good afternoon,

I'm know I'm pretty meticulous with trying to keep my Challenger as damage free as possible. While pulling into a parking spot I couldn't really tell how high the curb was up front so I bumped into it a little so it got a little scrapped up and the bottom part got scrapped up prior by the dealership as well. I still have my dealer installed splitter protectors. I know some people dislike that bright yellow thing. My car is pitch black, i don't mind it too much. It kind of matches with the yellow in the badging.

I know I could reverse park but do you guys care anymore if the front splitter gets a bit scuffed and scratched? Do any of you have a damage free splitter? What do you guys do to protect it? I thought the demon's front splitter looked nice it offers full protection and you could always paint it to make it stand out less.

Does the scatpack and Demon have the same splitter protectors? If so does anyone have these guards they wanna get rid of?

Rattle can the protector black. No one will know the difference, you can take it off at any time, and you won't scrape the spoiler.

Nice car, btw.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rattle can the protector black. No one will know the difference, you can take it off at any time, and you won't scrape the spoiler.

Nice car, btw.
wish i had the red demon, but i'm happy with my black scat pack. the car isn't mine, just found it off the web. I'm looking for the yellow splitter guard if it fits my scat pack

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
wish i had the red demon, but i'm happy with my black scat pack. the car isn't mine, just found it off the web. I'm looking for the yellow splitter guard if it fits my scat pack
Oh, maybe I shoulda read instead of skimmed through.

I'm not sure actually, but I'd be curious to know too.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
splitter guards

Good afternoon,

I have been very happy with the set that came on my 2016 HELLCAT >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also try to back in whenever possible.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My buddy with a low mounted splitter on his Ferrari told me the dealer said don't worry about them getting scratched, he said most guys completely knock them off!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Gotta back in. Pulling in straight is SO hard in this car. Never seen anything like it. And I drove a truck.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I protect the front splitter and for that matter the whole car with these. If I run out of ammo I throw the cat at them and reload while they are fighting of the claws and teeth.
? that works too!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I protect the front splitter and for that matter the whole car with these. If I run out of ammo I throw the cat at them and reload while they are fighting of the claws and teeth.

Tommy Gun. I bet that is heavy when full of .45s.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just buy a new splitter. They are cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Front camera and all is well in the world after.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts