Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my new '11 Challenger SE last Saturday and have a VON. Is there a way to track its status over the internet? I've read several posts where some members are doing this. Any information is appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
You have to wait until you get your vin...

Than take the link below and paste your VIN in where it says PASTEvinHERE.... and then paste the whole link into your browser and enter

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=60280&INPUT_TRACEABLES=PASTEvinHERE&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN&dummy

It looks like the page breaks up the link between te I & N in "INPUT" ... so you have to back space the N back over to the I

Or try this.,. still need to add your vin
http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=60280&INPUT_TRACEABLES=PUTvinHERE&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN&dummy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I guess I need to get the VIN from the dealership. How long until it is assigned?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well..you have to be in D1 actually. At least thats what I have seen. I am in D with VIN but yet the link has no info on car yet.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Well..you have to be in D1 actually. At least thats what I have seen. I am in D with VIN but yet the link has no info on car yet.
Ya right D1...(that's what we needed for the old VINWIN)
I forgot when I actually got the VIN, but once it goes D1 it should start working.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have my vin and I keep trying the link. Can you check the status for me? When I try it, it doesnt seem to work. The vin is 2B3CJ7DJ4BH541039

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that time frame. I ordered mine on 1/29, so I should get my VIN sometime around 2/29 (March 1st). The salesman said that since I had a supplier discount agreement, that it would "speed up" my vehicle order and processing. I don't know, sounds like some dealer BS to me... :disgust:

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I just don't fet ittttttt
I would never order a Car again
I ordered a 2006 Mustang GT in june of 2005 and I was the 1st with a VON# (NO VIN}
at my dealer.He told me I would be the 1st to get a 2006 Stang Gt since there was no other orders pending...Well Sept came and still NO vin on the Fords website,buttt
the dealers was getting Stang Gts in but my car was in limbo with NO Vin....
Anyways I canceled the order (dealership gave me a hard time in refunding my deposit}
Next day I got my 2006 stang Gt at INVOICE.....

When I went looking at my 2009 deep water Blue 6 speed Challenger
I looked at the car,started it up without a test ride and bouight the car on the spot
for $100 over invoice.
Yes you can order whatever you want
Buttttt the wait might be alot longer then you think...
Much more easy to look on the net and find your car near by.
Many people on here say that they had no wait time(might be a dealer talking}
If you have the cash or whatever I would shop now since the 2012s are around the corner maybe in sept.Otherwise I would wait since the challenger should have been out by last sept of 2010 like MOST 2011s.....................JQ

·
Registered
421 Posts
Guessing you're not in D1 yet, not working for me either.

Yes, I just read that the car needs to be in D1 status for it to work. I'm at D status. But I'm just happy that I actually gt the VIN number after 2 weeks of nothing.

Ron

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for that time frame. I ordered mine on 1/29, so I should get my VIN sometime around 2/29 (March 1st). The salesman said that since I had a supplier discount agreement, that it would "speed up" my vehicle order and processing. I don't know, sounds like some dealer BS to me... :disgust:
You can expect your VIN sooner. I reordered my car 1/19 and had the VIN exactly two weeks later. If your dealer doesn't call you, call him and get him working on getting it. My dealer is actually expecting my order to arrive by the end of this month. If that's the case you might be seeing yours by mid-March.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Don't beleive everything your dealer tells you
He wants to sell cars and will tell you anything..............JQ
I know that but the original one I ordered is coming in next week. Been tracking it. It only hit D1 on 1/7 so that's a month from build date to delivery.
This car is already at D, looking at D1 probably next week so I'm expecting probably early March.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You get anything in 30 days from D1 to delivery your lucky! 45 days is the rule of thumb and some have waited even longer. Heck my 09 took 5 months from order to delivery. I also hit D on 1 Feb. but was told not to expect anything till Mid March or end of March Good Luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
this is how it works...you place your order at dealer...they input it. if it is placed as a sold order, it will come with "built especially for john doe" on the window sticker...by codeing it as a sold order, it becomes a prioty build for chrysler, which they take very seriously...their official take is 60 days from order to build, and they have a specific policy on their dealer website explaining it...I even had to supply a copy of a sold order and a deposit to get one of the 400 furious fuschia srt8's built last year....but here is the problem...each month, each dealer is assigned a specific number of cars for each model line...in the instance of challengers, two seperate allocations, one for se and rt and a seperate for srt8. on approx the 2nd wens of every month, allocations come out. if your dealer has allocation for your model, it will get picked up immediately...c status, then quickly D then D1 (D1 is the magic status) if the dealer has no allocation, the order will sit until all other dealers in the country finish ordering, and about two weeks later the allocation system has a due date for all orders in the current allocation period. the system will then "balance out" any left over frames to orders in the system a few days later. so, if your dealer has no allocation for the model you've ordered, and there is high demand, for instance any of the new lx's (charger, 300 and challenger) your order may sit until the next allocation and so on and so on...that is a huge problem for special models like the challenger innaugural edition. once the window closes for limited production models, thats it, and the dealer will never get that specific car built. less honest dealers will fail to tell you they didnt get the allocation, because they dont want to lose the potential sale. But its a terrible catch 22 for the dealer, especially the smaller ones...you cant get more allocation if you dont sell a specific model, and you get sell them to build allocation if you cant get them...this month, final orders are due on 2-18 and balance out on 2-21. I would make sure your order confirmation that the dealer should give you has your name and address on it (confirming its been ordered as sold) and then I would ask to speak with the sales mgr, to be sure they actually have allocation for your car....if not, you'll have to wait until after the 21st to see if it gets picked up by other dealers not ordering their entire allocation....ordering a car should and can be a good process, as long as your dealer keeps you informed as to the whats happening...unfortunately, thats not always how it works...good luck, you've ordered a great car
hope this helps

·
Registered
402 Posts
this is how it works...you place your order at dealer...they input it. if it is placed as a sold order, it will come with "built especially for john doe" on the window sticker...by codeing it as a sold order, it becomes a prioty build for chrysler, which they take very seriously...their official take is 60 days from order to build, and they have a specific policy on their dealer website explaining it...I even had to supply a copy of a sold order and a deposit to get one of the 400 furious fuschia srt8's built last year....but here is the problem...each month, each dealer is assigned a specific number of cars for each model line...in the instance of challengers, two seperate allocations, one for se and rt and a seperate for srt8. on approx the 2nd wens of every month, allocations come out. if your dealer has allocation for your model, it will get picked up immediately...c status, then quickly D then D1 (D1 is the magic status) if the dealer has no allocation, the order will sit until all other dealers in the country finish ordering, and about two weeks later the allocation system has a due date for all orders in the current allocation period. the system will then "balance out" any left over frames to orders in the system a few days later. so, if your dealer has no allocation for the model you've ordered, and there is high demand, for instance any of the new lx's (charger, 300 and challenger) your order may sit until the next allocation and so on and so on...that is a huge problem for special models like the challenger innaugural edition. once the window closes for limited production models, thats it, and the dealer will never get that specific car built. less honest dealers will fail to tell you they didnt get the allocation, because they dont want to lose the potential sale. But its a terrible catch 22 for the dealer, especially the smaller ones...you cant get more allocation if you dont sell a specific model, and you get sell them to build allocation if you cant get them...this month, final orders are due on 2-18 and balance out on 2-21. I would make sure your order confirmation that the dealer should give you has your name and address on it (confirming its been ordered as sold) and then I would ask to speak with the sales mgr, to be sure they actually have allocation for your car....if not, you'll have to wait until after the 21st to see if it gets picked up by other dealers not ordering their entire allocation....ordering a car should and can be a good process, as long as your dealer keeps you informed as to the whats happening...unfortunately, thats not always how it works...good luck, you've ordered a great car
hope this helps

Thanks 2cardudes. You are quite informative. Do you know if there is also shipping priority to sold orders?

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
The problem is allocation
All dealers will tell you that they have a allocation for a challenger if you want to
put a deposit on one(dealers wants your money but does not mean you will ever see the car}
You can go to a BIG dealer and order a Challenger and I am sure you might get the car after awhile.
Orrrrr
You can go to a SMALL dealers that mostly sell SUVs and you will never see the car.

I am sure whatever car you want you can find it on the internet if you want to look atads...As I said you are best to buy a car off a dealers lot......................JQ

·
Registered
653 Posts
hope this helps
So you're saying that the policy is 60 from order to build but not necessarily delivery within 60 days?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts