Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up guys nd gals.

Ok so i have been doing some research on installing a shaker hood on my 2013 Challenger R/T and i am not to sure on how it works or if it even affects performance. I wanted to get an after market intake, headers, cam, and manifold sometime in the near future but not sure how installing a shaker would work with these bolt-ons or if it was even necessary. I also wanted some information in what mod i should do firs if a shaker would work with these?

Thanks guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The shaker kit comes with a CAI. The CAI has a tube that connects to the shaker base. Air comes thru the scoop, down the tube directly to the airbox. Whether it helps performance or not is anyones guess as there are no before and after results to compare, but I'm sure its minimal. Alot of guys here with 2015's have been doing a Hellcat tube from the headlight to the airbox and also opening up bottom to alow more air in....does that add any HP?....again who knows but it isnt going to hurt anything, fresh air is always a good thing. There's people here that say the stock airbox is just as good as any CAI and even thats a waste of money so who knows.

From your list above....Headers and cam will yeild the Hp.

heres a few pics another member posted to give you an idea as to how its plumbed up.

250610d1405781971-2014-shaker-questions-dsc_0899.jpg
250634d1405782044-2014-shaker-questions-dsc_0903.jpg
250642d1405782066-2014-shaker-questions-dsc_0904.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,168 Posts
The shaker hood on my 1971 'Cuda was functional. It rammed cold air directly down the throat of the carburetor. It was good for about 5 hp on the top end. The shaker on the new Challenger routes air to the throttle body through a more circuitous route. It looks good but I doubt if it provides a similar horsepower boost.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
For HP just focus on performance like the headers and cam etc, if you want a cool hood check out the 2015 SRT or Hellcat hood, they both fit any year/model challenger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts