Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any top end runs on a '10 3.5 V6 SE? I'm wondering what the computer speed limiter is set at, and if it isn't an issue, does a 3.5 have enough ass to push a big heavy Challenger to 140+?

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
140? no, dont think so, but I had mine to 120 on a dyno, 115 on the hiway. unless you do some serious modifying to the engine, I dont think 140 will be in site.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, 115-120 tops is kinda weak. What speed limiter numbers do the computers have? I'm hearing different numbers for different Challenger models.

My '89 2.5 Turbo Spirit 5 speed, on 12 psi intercooled boost, easily hit its 118 mph speed limiter, and if the computer didn't stop me, it would have pulled to at least 130 with no problems. Then again, it is about 800-1000 lbs lighter too.

It's not that I will often go over 110, but just in case I ever find myself in a scenario like in a good action movie, (the initial chase scene in The Transporter comes to mind! :)), I'd like to know I can get up there in speed if needed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
So if you get by the limiter, which you can do with a predator; what would be the top speed the engine could handle.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't the Predator allow you to reset the rpm limiter up to 7000?

I think a Challengers' top end would be HP / drag limited.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Word of caution, I haven't looked at the book for my 2010 Challenger but my 2011 Ram 1500 has an EDR in it...Event Data Recorder. It's like a black box found in an airplane. It records information in case of a crash like..how fast you were going, how far the gas pedal was pressed, how hard the brake was pressed, if you were wearing your seat belt.....this information can be subpoena'd as well... so take this as a word of caution...big brother is watching....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Word of caution, I haven't looked at the book for my 2010 Challenger but my 2011 Ram 1500 has an EDR in it...Event Data Recorder. It's like a black box found in an airplane. It records information in case of a crash like..how fast you were going, how far the gas pedal was pressed, how hard the brake was pressed, if you were wearing your seat belt.....this information can be subpoena'd as well... so take this as a word of caution...big brother is watching....
Big brother is indeed watching, but only ~60 seconds at a time. These EDRs only record about 60 seconds of information and then write over it. It's not meant to record long stretches of data, just enough before a crash to see what happened.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know where in the car the EDR is hidden? If I ever manage to afford an SE, I'll pull the EDR out just on principle.

With my luck it is part of the main computer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They say it's typically located in the center of the car where the floor meets the firewall.....but you can bet it's all connected to the computer.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
According to the Predator, the speed limit is set at 114 mph for my 10 SE. I did not change it. Fastest I've tried so far is 105. Always too much traffic.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I changed my limiter to 190, not like it would go that fast but it wouldnt shut off till then, only have gone 120 , and that was on a dyno run, 115 on the road though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ditto above...

i ran ours once up to 115. was still pulling like crazy. i'm confident that our car would pull past 120 and up to 130.

one of my friends and i were talking. he drove a Charger with a local sheriff's office at that time. we were talking about the differences between the R/T and SE/SXT cars.... he agreed that the v6 cant compare to the R/T, but he also felt that the v6 LX cars had some merit. they clocked a Magnum SXT at 142 on the interstate. he said the car "was stock". it may have had a tune, but otherwise, there were no major mods to it when they caught up to it. the deputy that observed the violation was unable to close on the car in his CVPI.... another deputy in a charger had to chase it down for him. :browsmiley:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts