Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
The faster I go getting to work the more time I spend at my J O B... So I top out at about 60 mph going to work.

Coming home I regularly hit 130-140 mph, just cruising along. If I am in a hurry I might take it quicker. My commute home is a 30 second trip to the autobahn and then about 8 miles of straight road with no turns, hill's or speed limits.

I will be returning to the States in a few years, not looking forward to the speed constraints...

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Enjoy that while you can, must be fun.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The faster I go getting to work the more time I spend at my J O B... So I top out at about 60 mph going to work.

Coming home I regularly hit 130-140 mph, just cruising along. If I am in a hurry I might take it quicker. My commute home is a 30 second trip to the autobahn and then about 8 miles of straight road with no turns, hill's or speed limits.

I will be returning to the States in a few years, not looking forward to the speed constraints...
Awesome. I wish the States had an autobahn. Do you see a lot of accidents on the autobahn?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
As fast as it would go.
Lots of long straight empty roads on the prairies of western Canada.

If I was in Saskatchewan, I could watch my dog run away for 3 days.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
140mph is the highest I've hit in the Challenger. It would have gone faster but I wasn't on a wide open road.

155mph is the fastest I've been on public roads, but that was on a bike. It too would have gone faster, but I wasn't alone on an open road either.

·
Registered
545 Posts
A bit over 140 on a lonely desert road in southern NM

·
Registered
545 Posts
Awesome. I wish the States had an autobahn. Do you see a lot of accidents on the autobahn?
I've driven on the Autobahn several times in the early 2000's and only saw one accident (or at least saw the emergency vehicles) . What I remember most vividly was no matter how fast you think you are going, motorcycles will make you feel like you are freaking parked

·
Registered
175 Posts
No more than any highway. Speed itself doesn't kill as much as stupidity. I am VERY sensitive about driving so fast and make sure that everything in my control is perfect. I also slow down when I am passing multiple cars, other than that, if the motor is warm then the hammer is down. Love me some autobahn. :-D

·
Registered
175 Posts
We can't have one since most people here wouldn't follow the rules.
This is very true, everyone knows that you stay right unless you are passing. This simple rule is not followed in the states as much as it is in Germany. And at speed you have to be very cognitive of where all the cars are around you.

Reactions: Unit453

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
127 once on the way to work. I would have pushed it a little more but the stretch of road was running out. The STOP sign was coming up fast. If I would have missed it I would have been out in the field with a bunch of cows and some jacked up suspension, if not worse. It was a blast as my R/T got to that speed very quickly. I usually bust it loose on the same stretch daily, as long as no one is coming or going. That way I only put my life on the line and no one elses. Be Safe Everyone.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
This is very true, everyone knows that you stay right unless you are passing. This simple rule is not followed in the states as much as it is in Germany. And at speed you have to be very cognitive of where all the cars are around you.
Do they test elderly drivers out there? Here you can drive until whenever regardless if you're lucid or not. That is where the true danger is, many have cloudy minds and no reflexes. That and many on the road without licenses and nothing to lose.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just yesterday, driving home in my 2012 SRT8 Charger from a trip to southern Germany I hit 272KM/H (170MP/H) with a BMW M5 trying to keep up with me. After 260KM/H he started to get smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror. The fastest I have had the Charger was 282KM/H (176MP/H). Please be reminded these speeds were driven legally on the Autobahn with little to no trafffic.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
110 mph getting on the freeway on several occasions.In 3rd gear

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.