Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the SRT spoiler from a dealership. Will this bolt directly in where the factory RT spoiler is? Should I have a professional install it?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You can do it yourself, if you're comfortable with it. It will bolt on where the RT spoiler was but will not match up with the belly pan. If you retain the RT's belly pan, you'll have to make new holes in it to secure it to the SRT spoiler. The other option would be to get an SRT bellypan for a complete change over which will allow for extra cooling to the front brakes.
A member of this forum, SPeedy, has a great video on the retrofit on his website. Check it out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
681 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Anyone got the skinny on the `11 SRT spoiler (for an R/T)?

According to the last SRT engineer chat the '11 bumper facia mounting holes are not in the same place as the 09-10.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
If you are a mechanical type, busted knuckle club member it's a piece of cake. If your an Artsy Fartsy pencil pusher type you will find it somewhat difficult. It's always a lot of fun to do it yourself and you learn more about your car no matter what type you are.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much does an SRT belly pan go for and how hard are they to install. I bought the spoiler to cool my breaks so I guess I need to get the belly pan.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The belly pan lists for almost 200 bucks.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yup, need the SRT bellypan for brake cooling. Some vendors have them in the $140-$150 range:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts