Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and can the Diablo tuner raise the limiter?

5700 rpm seems low for a red line, as the engine still seems to be making good power at that point. I had a GTO with an LS2 that had a factory 6500 red line. Does this engine not tolerate rpm's well? Is it just cammed for torque? It seems like it should at least be able to pull through 6000 rpm without a problem. I'd like to set the limiter to 6200 and shift at 6000, if the tuner allows it. Any thoughts on that? Does the tuner allow it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Max rpm

Well from what I have read Diablo is unable to increase the rev limiter. No matter what I have tried the max my data logging showed was 5750. So good luck

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
How high can you rev the 5.7? As high as you want, or at least until a valve spring breaks, connecting rod snaps, or bearing forgets where its supposed to be. Is this an otherwise stock 5.7?

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
With the stock valve gear and no mods to the oiling system, I'd stay with the stock redline limit. The upgrades in order would be stronger pushrods and higher rate valvesprings - the stock springs will float at higher rpm and you're not going to see any gains with a stock engine.

Even with the 6.1's the valve springs seem to be the limiting factor over the long haul if going over the rated redline that engine has.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts