Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious...

So I watch a few YouTube videos on how the Challenger/Charger are put together on the Brampton line. I find this fascinating how components arrive all at the right time.

I have a question on how the dash is mounted to the body? At 5:03 on the video, the dash is "swung" into place very smoothly and efficiently but it does not show how the dash is secured to the body/frame.

Where are the bolts located? I'm just curious as everything seem to be one big piece.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
387 Posts
I took one out (and put it back in), of a 2012 Challenger today. The are three bolts on each end at the A pillar, two bolts above the steering column under the defroster grille, and one on each side of the console, near the front of the console. The are two screws under the defroster grille, one in the middle and one on the passenger side. It also has several electrical connectors that have to be disconnected, and the steering column and console also need to be dealt with to get the dash out. Not a bad job, out and in pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is the modern miracle of in line vehicle sequencing.

We do that for our customers.

Every component that isn't a 100% take rate (meaning every car gets an identical one) has a VIN attached to in for the vehicle it is going to be installed in.

We get those VINs in a broadcast and a proprietary computer system then turns them into batches that fit onto a truck and then reverses them so when they are built and loaded into a truck they are going to be off loaded in order so that the assembly plant gets them in the order they need them in.

We sequence doors, instrument panels and consoles this way. Other suppliers get the same broadcast for their components. All of us deliver everything for the assembly plant in this manner and they pull it line side and assemble it.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,181 Posts
Wood screws ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts