Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to install the ngk 2315 spark plugs in my challenger ...how d i gap them i have been told you cannot gap irridium plugs with the original coin gapper because it might pop the irridium tip of the surface so what other way is there

·
Registered
72 Posts
there is better tools than a coin gapper out there. look around, what are they gapped at now?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not checked them yet but i think i will go with a .032 gap
32 gap

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
To re-gap your iridium plugs, here are DENSO's instructions:

"Use extreme caution as improper gapping may damage or destroy the Iridium center electrode or porcelain center. To increase the gap size: Step 1 Use needle nose pliers or spark plug gapping tool to bend the ground strap up to the desired height. DO NOT LET THE PLIERS OR GAPPING TOOL TOUCH THE IRIDIUM CENTER ELECTRODE OR PORCELAIN. Step 2 Re-check the gap with a calibrated gapping tool. To decrease the gap size: Step 1 Use the same method as above, however bend the ground strap down to the desired height. DO NOT LET THE PLIERS OR GAPPING TOOL TOUCH THE IRIDIUM CENTER ELECTRODE OR PORCELAIN. Step 2 Re-check the gap with a calibrated gapping tool. WARNING: Failure to follow these directions may permanently damage the spark plug. Note: Never use a round gapping tool to check the gap or to increase or decrease the gap setting."

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I've gapped two sets of Iridiums, the first one step colder and the next 2 steps colder, with a coin tool w/o issue. Just use you're head and don't man handle the tip...

HemiSam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts