Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original set of brakes last over 40K miles. I got the brakes done last Nov-Dec at Tire Kingdom and you can already feel the slight "vibration" when braking from the brake discs. I am probably reaching 20K miles this last year on the brakes. Seems awfully quick; unless stop and go in traffic is that major of a deal on these brakes or Tire Kingdom uses the cheapest of the cheap in parts.

What mileage are all of you getting on your brakes?

Hopefully I can just get the discs resurfaced and pop in a new set of pads.

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
Do you have standard or Brembo brakes on your Challenger?

Front brakes will wear much faster than rear brakes. Did you also have to replace the rear brakes after 20,000 miles?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Unless, you provided the pads, Tire Kingdom will use the minimum acceptable which MAY not be as good as the OEM.

Plus, their techs may not be super careful when assembling your brakes. So, my guess is that you will get less than the OEM but 20k still feels light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
20K does seem awfully short for even the cheapest brakes. I am at 63K on original brakes on my 2014 RT. I just had service done on my baby a couple weeks ago and it looks like I only have about 5k left before needing a brake job. Any suggestions for replacement of original brakes? Should I also replace the rotors? Thanks....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts