Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a number of vehicles that I was more or less in love with. Each of these cars or trucks hold a special place in my heart, but aren't necessarily still parked in my driveway. How many of you plan on keeping your Challenger forever? How many of you already have plans to trade-in or sell your current Challenger when the 2015 is available? What cars do you regret selling? Let's see them and hear your thoughts and stories!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I plan keeping mine until I find one with a supercharger for a good deal

·
Registered
2015 SRT8
161 Posts
Tough question! I love my 2012 Tungsten RTC, but I'm really liking the 392 RT Shaker ScatPack. I'm thinking as soon as Im able to test drive the 392 RT my poor RTC will be traded in. We'll see..... I'm not totally sold on the 2015's, but the 392 ScatPack is calling me. Thanks a lot Dodge for making me want to upgrade you can give your design team a day off for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I've had my 09 now for 3 years but will plan on trading it in once I get my 15 model. But that will be the last challenger I get. I plan on supercharging that one and holding onto it for a very long time and hopefully be able to pass down to my son if I have one!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I really enjoy my '12 R/T but I do not plan to own it forever.

I imagine that I may be tempted to trade it for an SRT within a few years or at some point or----don't shoot me---I may move into another platform altogether, as I like variety.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have no plans of getting rid of my '09 R/T hemi orange 6 Tremec Challenger. Nothing offered has the fun/$ ratio of the one I have. The new ones just cost too much.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
plan of keeping mine...lifetime powertrain warranty...unless I blow it putting a SC/turbo setup down the road LOL

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I will keep it two more years, three at the most. Then something else, probably another 392 with the 8 auto

·
Registered
721 Posts
I plan to trade in when 2017 rolls around and order either a 392 Scat Pack 8spd auto, or if my job situation improves, make the jump to the Hellcat.

I love my current car though, no doubt, but I love the brand more and I want to experience what the brand has to offer with it's major updates.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I plan on keeping my '11 392 until sometime during the 2015~2016 run of the Cat. I got mine used and the previous owner wasn't exactly gentle with it. I just can't justify spending money on mine when the Hellcat has everything I want from factory w/ a warranty.

·
Mumber
1,073 Posts
My 2013 Pcp Rtc will go to my grandson when I am on the way out. There will be another one added soon 392 or the cat. All the others were used abused and discarded. 3 camaros 2 novas 2 mustangs a few pickups and a few other unmentionables. Challenger delivers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
I generally keep my cars & motorcycles for a long time. But if they become a repair headache, I'll move on.

Currently, my 2009 R/T has been a great car and I will keep it. The 2009 will become my second car and I'll drive it in the winter (I have snow tires). This will save a little wear & tear on the 2015. :D

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I'm keeping mine till the warranty expires and then thinking about my next car because I'll be 70 by then and not sure how functional my left knee will be by then. Don't flame me but I really like the Darts so that's in the running.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I hope to keep mine a long time. Forever? I don't know. I sold my 2010 Hurst for a profit but had I not, I would still have it. Fortunately, there have been some good improvements between the 2 model years.

So do I 'Plan' to keep it...yes. Will I? Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I had originally planned, when I got my SRT, to keep it for a long time.. I previously never kept a car for more than 3 years (leased for over 10 years straight). I didn't lease the SRT and was interested in no other car at the time. And as the years passed, I couldn't think of a car I'd want instead of the Challenger. So I figured I'd still keep it for a very long time, and was looking forward to both of our SRTs being paid off and no car payments...

Then the Hellcat came along. :D Will be starting over with payments, but I don't care, worth it.. I've had car payments since I started driving @ 16, what's a few more years? :)

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,195 Posts
No plans of selling mine. My soon to be 10 year old has already said he wants it. She's about to trip 72k and will likely become my weekender/long trips ride at 100k. Will then probably get something smaller and better on gas to take over daily duties.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I tend to keep cars a long time. The last one I kept for 12 years before trading it in for my R/T. So, no plans to ditch it soon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
With a lifetime power train warranty and a dealership that is great to work with, there is no reason to get another. There will always be something made faster (Hellcat), but mine is paid for, spotless, and warrantied for its life. Win, Win, Win.

I love this car.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
As my parents age, I am finding myself in increasing need for a sedan.

I may trade in my 2012 392 6M for a 2015-16 Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger with the 392 and new 8 speed automatic.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts