Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I pulled the trigger Friday on a "new to me" 09 SRT! Absolutely love it and can't seem to wipe the smile off my face every time I get in it. Now I just need to get to the point where I can start my plan of only using this as a weekend driver!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ok, so I pulled the trigger Friday on a "new to me" 09 SRT! Absolutely love it and can't seem to wipe the smile off my face every time I get in it. Now I just need to get to the point where I can start my plan of only using this as a weekend driver!!!
It doesn't. That's the reason it's called perma-grin..................enjoy!!

:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Don't know how long. It has been two years since I bought my 2009 SRT and I still get "the grin" every time I look at my car, or get behind the wheel! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Don't know how long. It has been two years since I bought my 2009 SRT and I still get "the grin" every time I look at my car, or get behind the wheel! :bigthumb:
Yep.

2-1/2 years and she still makes me happy every time I drive her.

When my husband borrows the car, every time I watch her leave the driveway and think "damn, that is a beautiful car!".

Still get waves, thumbs up and comments nearly every time I take her out.

Perma grin = permanent. ;)

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Way to cool to know that it's going to last. Have had mine for a week, and it doesnt seem to bother my wife, that I can be found in the garage just looking at it in the late evening. The compliments I get when out and about are starting to seem odd, but guess it's a good thing!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never, where the heck are you in MT. that you can drive it?
Not actually in Montana, just my screen name from my favorite pet! I am in Atlanta where the weather is usually good enough to drive virtually all year long. A good thing, but would like to keep the mileage down as much as possible which in my first week of ownership is proving quite difficult!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
mine will be 2 years old this thursday (feb 10), and i'm more excited about it now than i was when i got it!!!! It's been in my garage most of the winter, only took it out a few times, but i sense spring is around the corner and I can't wait to take her out on a more permanent basis. I'm about to start working on redoing my engine cover and I just bought a new (used) set of rims for her. can't wait to install them either. I even ordered vanity plates that should be here in a few weeks. I can't seem to stop thinking about her.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have grin every time I hit the start button and it widens as people either slow-down or speed up and “rubberneck” to check out my ride (from front to back). No insult to the folks who own and drive a Jetta, Camry, Accord, Altima, SUV, etc. but I can go days without seeing another Challenger. How many people ogle over a Toyota Camry or VW Jetta? The bottom line is driving a Challenger is a real "kick in the pants" experience!!! (It reminds me of how I felt in 1974 when I bought a built 1968 Chevelle 396SS 4-Speed Muncie. Although, driving a new Challenger is just a tad more comfortable.)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Never. I own several "fun" vehicles and none brings that grin like my Challenger.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Owners of Challengers are cursed with PG and RST .... some say time cures all but not Challenger PG and RST.
Perma-Grin and Rock Star Treatment is here to stay:) I drive mine to work and everybody at work wonders why I am so happy that early in the morning...hehehe:):)
My wife says if the Challenger wore a skirt she would be worried..:):)

·
Registered
209 Posts
The more Challengers I see on the road the smaller my grin gets.I'm seriously tempted by the CTS-V Coupe.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Montana,

Had my R/T for almost exactly 1 year now, and still love driving it (though I tend not to grin that much, but that's just me). I'm sure you'll be lovin' your SRT for many years to come.

Mopar Rider,

I agree. What does make me smile is NOT seeing other Challengers on the road--I like the exclusivity, thank you very much. I think the last one I saw was in early December. Mine is my daily driver unless its snowing out, but I guess all the other Challenger owners in southern NH and northern MA are smarter than me and keeping theirs safe and salt-free in their garages till spring...

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
X whatever for the grin never wears off. I've had mine just over a year now, and yesterday I had to drop a the dealership for rust check and had to do without it for 4 whole hours (a lot even though I have been working anyway). Well the my grin on the way back from picking it up was so big my face hurt.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've had my Challenger for a little over seven months and I grin whenever I go into the garage to look at it or I take it out. I don't see it disappearing anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts