Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 100-200 Veteran

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I am Valley

Votes: 8 15.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick poll -- how many 1/4 or 1/8 passes do you have under your belt? Real tracks with an actual tree and a counter -- no EVIC/Trinity/GPS bullcrap.

In any car, not just the Challenger. Since you were born. Be honest ;)

I'm seasoned. I have over 75 timeslips in my drawer since 1992.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I wanted to pick cocky, but the numbers don't lie, I am a jackass.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Roughly 35 or so passes here.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I have about 90 passes now on my car, and 3 others driving a PCP SRT8. 1st pass was October 29th, 2009..13.48 with a 2.1 60'. Its crazy when looking back to see that I've gained over a second from my 1st run!

Here's my stack of slips;

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've got over 50. 4 last year at Luskville. 6 in '08 with my 300 at Napierville. And I figure over 40 in 2000 when I ran in the Semi Pro series all summer with my '69 'Cuda small block. Oh and another half dozen at Tri county in Ohio running PPP Jeremy's Plum crazy SRT Charger in '08. So I guess I'm Dangerous ( mostly to myself).

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I've got over 50. 4 last year at Luskville. 6 in '08 with my 300 at Napierville. And I figure over 40 in 2000 when I ran in the Semi Pro series all summer with my '69 'Cuda small block. Oh and another half dozen at Tri county in Ohio running Jeremy's Plum crazy SRT Charger in '08. So I guess I'm Dangerous ( mostly to myself).
DK what setup did you have in that cuda and what did you run?

·
Registered
630 Posts
So, drag racing my Super Bee on the highway (with a beer in hand) probably doesn't count.... I can't believe we didn't kill ourself.

I'm a zero.

·
Registered
779 Posts
60 passes in the Challenger in my first year. All neatly entered into a excel spreadsheet (gawd I'm a nerd).

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
DK what setup did you have in that cuda and what did you run?
It was a black street legal '69 notch back that I bought for my Wife's birthday. After " the boys" fixed it up Debbie asked " Is it always this Loud?":scratchhead: It became mine. It had a 360 Magnum crate engine running through custom 3" pipes. 727 with a B&M shifter, Wildwood front discs and a skull on the hood ( after it became mine). Ran 12.8 at 105 mph and got thumbs up everytime I drove through town.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds. It helped to have the track a few miles away and knowing the people who ran it.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
It was a black street legal '69 notch back that I bought for my Wife's birthday. After " the boys" fixed it up Debbie asked " Is it always this Loud?":scratchhead: It became mine. It had a 360 Magnum crate engine running through custom 3" pipes. 727 with a B&M shifter, Wildwood front discs and a skull on the hood ( after it became mine). Ran 12.8 at 105 mph and got thumbs up everytime I drove through town.:bigthumb:
Nice. Sounds like a great ride, you should post some pics!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
You don't have a choice for more than 200. I have 210 on my SE this year alone. That does not include my hubby's SRT this year or last year. Or all the racing for 7 yrs between 1970 - 1977. I probably have close to 500 passes.

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Despite all my " experience" I must say that for me learning the manual sweet spot hasn't happened yet. So give me a stall look out, but in the 6 speed "Reb" though I'm just a rookie.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
With this car 50 that count had 4 occasions that I never left the line dang half-shafts....Being away from the drag strip for over 25 years hasn't helped but this manual with IRS is nothing like my old hemi 4 speed and and solid axle... :)

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
6 here....yep only six. I hope to add quite a few more next year. I have a good excuse though....I've been riding two wheel variety machines all my life. This is my first performance car.

Sometimes I miss dragging my knee on the ground at triple digits around country roads, but then I remember I'm getting older and won't bounce like I used to. That and I enjoy the radio and A/C.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts