Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through a recent post about how many 2010 B5 SRT's were produced at the factory and came across this:

B5 Blue SRT8:
From what I gathered at the Brampton factory itself, only 100 B5 blue 2010 Challenger SRT8s were made, 47 with 6spds, only 14 of those 6spd cars NOT having a sunroof. 53 were automatics SRT8s. I don't know the numbers on the B5 R/T models of that year. I am not 100% on the numbers, but credible sources rumour at the plant was that this colour wasn't to be applied to the 2010 model at all, however, someone in the plant high up decided to make instant collector cars "mistakenly" and let the paint fly on 100 srt8s. What actually was produced and why would be available from the factory.

Before I bought my car, I specifically looked for a 6spdwithout a sunroof. At the time, I found 8 online with 2 of them having the navigation option. One in Illinois (which I bought) and the other in Idaho. However, for me, an automatic was never considered so the research for an auto SRT without a sunroof was never done.

Were there any 2010 B5 auto SRT's without a sunroof?

How many 2010 B5 RT's without a sunroof?

How many 2009 B5 SRT/RT's were made without a sunroof?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old school mentality. I thought for a high performance car it is a waste. More weight up high that I didnt need on an already heavy car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T B5 that I ordered. Sunroof and Nav were the only two options that I did not have put on the car. I waited over 7 weeks for the car but it was worth the wait to have everything that I wanted on the car. I agree with you Gears, all the sunroof does is add weight and takes away from the cars structural rigidity.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I too am not, nor ever have been a sunroof fan. I ordered my 2014 RT without sunroof, stripes and rear spoiler. I will modify what I want to put on. Sunroofs have the potential to be a royal pain the azz. If I want sunshine and outside air, I will put down my side windows.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love my sun roof but to each his own I love to vent it it makes it look way more sportier my 2 cents

·
Registered
278 Posts
My B5 SRT has a sunroof. I think it breaks up the color just right but that's me.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have a sunroof on my B5 classic, and wouldn't have it any other way. I don't even open it all the way all that much; I crack it to the raised position in the summer and just leave the inside cover open in the winter. The minimal weight they add on a street car has very little bearing on performance, if at all. Even the originals had a sunroof option; albeit they are very rare. To each their own.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My RT Classic has a sunroof and I have grown to kinda like it. I was against it when I was searching for the car but ended up buying this one with that option and have not regretted it.

And for the record if you are keeping count I have an uncle in Texas that has a B5 SRT manual without sunroof. It's a 2010 model.

·
Registered
246 Posts
2009 RT Classic - 6-speed - no sunroof - no Nav. Bought it off the dealer showroom at the end of the 2009 model year.

The story I heard was they still had the B5 paint and color-stitched seats after the 2009 model year run ended. They used what was left and built some 2010s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I have one of the 2010 SRT8 B5Blue automatics, fully loaded with sunroof. Saw it on the dealer showroom floor New Years Eve 12/31/09 and couldn't walk away. Awesome car. !

A little over 10k on her now, retiring soon and will be my daily driver.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I seen a one craigslist auto with no sunroof

·
Registered
526 Posts
Mine has sunroof, and I added a 730 nav unit.

I didn't want the sunroof initially, but now that I have it, I love it.

·
Super Moderator
15,019 Posts
The '09 production was interrupted by the bankruptcy in May 2009...

Due to unfulfilled orders (paid orders), the decision was made by management to continue B5 production for MY '10 to satisfy those orders.
B5 Blue was originally planned to be only for '09 models, but due to the circumstances it ran partway through '10 model year before concluding.

The early build '10 B5 R/T Classics had a "whoopsie" moment where they had white seat stitching with blue stitched console lid coverings. There was a campaign to replace the incorrect blue stitch console lids with white stitched versions. I've seen a couple of them at shows around in my area.

-only the '09 B5 R/T-C's had blue seat and console lid stitching.

Another exception was the '10 model year ran much longer than usual...the '11 models had a late introduction (Nov '10) due to the extended '10 model year run.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
"The early build '10 B5 R/T Classics had a "whoopsie" moment where they had white seat stitching with blue stitched console lid coverings"

I have one of these! I heard about it prior to buying my car and soon as I sat in it and saw it, I thought it was kind of cool.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I have a B5 '09 RT-C with no sunroof and automatic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts