Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight we are having a drizzle and the roads are wet and empty for the most part, so I thought I would have a little fun with the car and take it out for a few spins. After I open the garage (louder than my OEM exhaust IMO), park my car and enter the house, my wife proceeds to tell me that my car is very loud coming in and it registered on the baby monitor.

I of course chuckled and said to her, it's probably that loud a$$ garage door. She of course disagreed, stating that it's the car. With out hesitation, I then laughed and said, "you are really going to hate my car with I install Zoomers." Her response? "Yeah, I am not looking forward to it AT ALL!"

:hungry: for a muscle car sound!

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
X2 my wife has yet to drive in my new SRT8, she does not like it at all,she say's you already have one why do you need another, and I say why not!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ditto here guys. She has only been in my car a hand full of times in the 18 months I have had it. It's just funny to me. Guess that's why she loves her RAV4. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
My GF used to own a '74, in yellow and black. And loves the Plum Crazy.....

We enjoy the car. :respect:

·
Registered
627 Posts
My wife hates my car and the ones I had before this one and she is gonna hate my next one she always bitches at me when I buy new mods and I always tell her the same thing babe its for better mpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife hates when I talk about my car. You know like I think im gonna get this I wanna do that. She hates it. But I pay my note and hers too so she can hate all she wants. I just keep talkin and loving the one thing in my life that don't talk back.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I'm divorced many years and can still hear that old seahag bitchin' at me. Happiest day of my life was when she drove off in my car as I yelled out "Keep it fatass, I'll just buy a new one!" Gawd, I hated that cow!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My wife likes my RT and is always up for a drive in it. She thinks the exhaust is too loud and says it vibrates the walls when I start it up in the morning. There is no way it vibrates the walls!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's a good one for ya... My wife complains more about the Challenger starting up in the garage and the vibration it causes in the house versus the 496 stroked Roadrunner. Both have the same compression but the big block in the Roadrunner is by far more obnoxious with its headers and exhaust setup than the Challenger. When they are running side by side you can't even tell the Challenger is running. But she has asked me to warn her when I start the Challenger because it startles her so much. She has never once complained about the Roadrunner. For the life of me, I don't get it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm divorced many years and can still hear that old seahag bitchin' at me. Happiest day of my life was when she drove off in my car as I yelled out "Keep it fatass, I'll just buy a new one!" Gawd, I hated that cow!
can't stop laughing....my ex-wife loves driving my car. Not in the same situation as you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Never. My wife loves the Challenger. I am pretty cautious when it comes to spending money but she encouraged me to get a Challenger (because she knew I loved them, plus she thinks they're gorgeous) when I would have otherwise gotten another cheap high MPG commuter.

Plus, not to be completely cheesy right after Valentines Day, but since she is a stay at home mom, she is thrilled that I have something just for me to spend part of my paycheck on, instead of working long hours just paying all our rent and such family expenses. She's a fantastic young lady, I consider myself very fortunate to have her in my life. We have been together nearly 12 years and have had two kids and she still takes care of herself and always looks amazing instead of giving up and letting herself go, and she genuinely does whatever she can to make me happy. I reciprocate too, don't get me wrong (she has a 1.5ct diamond on her finger, for example) but I truly have never met another exceptional woman who even comes close to her. Sorry for gushing :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
WOW! Some of you guys sure have woman problems. I've had my wife for 41 yrs. come April. The only cars she ever gave me any grief over were a couple of beater station wagons back in the 70"s & 80"s that I used for hunting. She is a car girl, the louder the better. I'm a pretty happy camper :)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
can't stop laughing....my ex-wife loves driving my car. Not in the same situation as you.
Yea, I had to laugh too but that was then and this is now:

I'm now with a sweet and beautiful woman who supports my impulses and we care about each other quite a lot. She's not a "car person" and can't drive a manual. I've had my car for three months and yesterday was the first day she rode with me. All she had to say was "This is really nice!" and a little later, after a bit of spirited acceleration; "That $40 a month you're paying for insurance isn't going to last if you keep that up!" :umbrella:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just like another fella said, "my wife has "0" interest in my Challenger. She sat in it once and thought it looked cheap. She's never driven it, despite several attempts on my part to get her to. She's "old school" and see it as a relatively expensive "boys toy" - nothing more.

Regards,

Gary "aka" beamg5

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
My wife loves the Challenger (she picked the grey color), and is encouraging me to go back to Torred with the upcoming 2015. She also said, after her Lexus at 210,000mi gives out... it's time for a Jeep SRT.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
My wife grew up shifting my 67 formula S barracuda, cause I had a problem keeping my DL. I'm more worried about that happening again than she is. I get a little crazy sometimes, feels like I'm 17 again.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts