Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love matte black in general, instead of painting option. How many guys have wrapped their cars?

What does it run on average to do this? How long does wrap last?

Trying to weigh the differences.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My work was $525.00 http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/aar-treatment-begins-135610/
Talking with them they estimated 4 to 5 years but if I was keeping it garaged and covered maybe it will last a little longer. I just got it done a week ago but so far I've been really happy. Next go around I'll have to debate painting or not. Painting would probably last longer but I'd still want a protective barrier on the front bumper.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was quoted 500 dollars at Winners tint in Rockville MD. All the high impact points are covered. Just like you I am still on the fence about shelling out the money...rather use it for Mods. Knowing my luck and where I live the day I decide to get it done a deer will jump out in front. What I did do and made the car look great is 20% around the car and 50% on the windshield. It looks great. Ed

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just thinking about the color difference between the factory paint and the wrap in the door jambs and under hoods. Because my car is Deep Water Blue, I'd imagine when I open the doors or leave the hood open for a local show here and there, that the color difference will look like crap.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I did mine in the leather look vinyl. Think they have a 10 year warranty so my expections are high. :)

VERY, VERY NICE! Please spill the beans about that trim...that really makes the piece. Big Fan!

·
Registered
278 Posts
VERY, VERY NICE! Please spill the beans about that trim...that really makes the piece. Big Fan!
Thanks! The trim is actually flexible aluminum with ad hesive that I bought on a roll. Measured out how much that was needed and just cut it with scissors. Since aluminum is silver I plasti dipped them black. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I'm just thinking about the color difference between the factory paint and the wrap in the door jambs and under hoods. Because my car is Deep Water Blue, I'd imagine when I open the doors or leave the hood open for a local show here and there, that the color difference will look like crap.
A good wrap Co. will charge average 150. per jamb. Have seen entire cars wrapped and you would not know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts