Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2009 with about 8K. So far no problems but wondering how these cars hold up to higher mileage usage. They've been around long enough to
develop some statistics and trends as to what wears out, what breaks etc...
Interested in how many miles folks are putting on their SRT8s and what issues have they encountered.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
12,300 miles had it since feb 2009 1100 of those mile have been supercharged and track raced.

·
Registered
202 Posts
#5485 first edition 2008 SRT8

Had 12,000 miles when I got her in October and now I'm about to roll over to 18,000. Doing great and has no issues. Holds up to very high speeds, has a CAI soon to get a catch can (yes currently does not have one and doing fine "so far" ) crossing my fingers; hope that's the answer for which you were looking. :eek:hyeah::shrug03:

·
Registered
202 Posts
......I can go more now

30,190 miles
Ok that does it....I'm definitely gonna drive to Springfest.... wasn't going to put the miles on it but shoot I may as well have a blast doing it!!:rocker:

·
Registered
181 Posts
2010 with a whole whopping 5200 miles. Resting now until the drive to Cali in March.

Reactions: Yumalee

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow,,I guess I live way out of town,,Got it on 1 Jul 11 with 6 miles and I have 14011 now,,lol. Been to the track several times also. I really like driving this car.

·
Registered
940 Posts
09 SRT8 with just over 15K and the only issue has been the whine in the rear end. It did not fail but I had it changed anyway. I have put about 6K just on vacations, once a year for 3 years and at 12K I put the 3.91 gear in it and drove about 1800 miles in 9 days this year with no problems at all.
I did buy the 7 year extended warranty just before my reg. warranty run out because everything is so expensive for all new cars, now a days. 1 thing happens and the warranty has paid for its self. Drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
2010 SRT8, just about to roll up on 59,800mi.

Everything is holding up nicely. Need brakes and rotors soon.

Purchased Nov 09 with 21mi

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
09 SRT8 with just over 15K and the only issue has been the whine in the rear end. It did not fail but I had it changed anyway. I have put about 6K just on vacations, once a year for 3 years and at 12K I put the 3.91 gear in it and drove about 1800 miles in 9 days this year with no problems at all.
I did buy the 7 year extended warranty just before my reg. warranty run out because everything is so expensive for all new cars, now a days. 1 thing happens and the warranty has paid for its self. Drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!
Interesting - how much was the extended warranty? Didn't know Dodge offered one. Maybe I need to look into that option. I'm a Nissan guy and I'm still skeptical about how well these cars will hold up once they get into higher mileage numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
My '09 SRT8 was delivered in Dec 2008. I just turned 12K and averaging 4K per year.

Reactions: Yumalee

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Also - does adding after market Corsa Exhaust and cold air system void your warranty?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Interesting - how much was the extended warranty? Didn't know Dodge offered one. Maybe I need to look into that option. I'm a Nissan guy and I'm still skeptical about how well these cars will hold up once they get into higher mileage numbers.
I got the 7 year, 50K mile, 0 deductible factory dodge for $1420.00. I will get you a phone number if interested.

If you have a good dealer nothing will matter unless it's the direct cause of the problem and then no one knows. Hope this helps.

LURCH!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Challenger SRT8
633 Posts
Man, I wonder why some of you guys bought the car... you never drive it lol. I can understand if it must be stored for the winter. I drive mine in all weather to include rain and light snow since its my daily driver. 12k miles on a 2010 bought Feb this year.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
26k bought her end of April of this year...

1 - 20 of 499 Posts