Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
It would get a lot older a lot faster without a snow blower. Don't ask me how I know this, I'm trying to put all those bad memories behind me.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I honestly don't know how you guys deal with that. I'm sure people say the same thing about the Houston heat during the summer.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I honestly don't know how you guys deal with that. I'm sure people say the same thing about the Houston heat during the summer.
Look at it this way... You don't have to shovel 4 feet of heat off your driveway and sidewalk. I lived in Detroilet for 6 years and I'd rather go blind than live there again.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Lived in MI all my life and this is the coldest and most brutal winter I can remember.
It sucks!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Exotic Ohio is suffering too.

Coldest/snowiest winter I remember since the 70's. I've worked outdoors since 1978 & this one is kicking my arse. We already 2' "above " normal with the white death. I'm sure my age isn't a factor... right? Lets face it, we've been spoiled for the past 15 years for sure.

Global warming is going to melt us off the planet!!! Oh that's right isn't it *climate change* now? I'll file that with the *acid rain* nonsense from the 70's.

Study something + create an issue + require funding (lots of it) to study some more + build some drama = PROFIT!!!!

I'm going to go start a fire :disgust:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm in Canada and tired of the snow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's just the opposite here in California. We haven't even had rain for 3 months! It was 75 degrees all weekend, so the Challenger club went on a nice long drive. I would go crazy not being able to drive my Challenger living somewhere where it snowed.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
It's not so much the snow at I hate but the sand and salt that ends up all over the road. Even when the snow is cleared I still can't drive because I don't want my underbelly to rust and fall out.

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
I moved from Michigan to Portland, Oregon in 1995. I got sick of the same old routine every year, and after 35 years, I had enough of that BS! It was 50 and sunny here 2 weekends ago, nice enough to hand wash my rig in the driveway. It hasn't rained yet, so my ride is still all nice and shiny! As I tell people out here: Detroit, it's a nice place to be from!

·
Registered
637 Posts
This year is one of the worst winters for the cold.

I awoke today to see these strange snow rolls all over the field, they call them snow rollers and say the are rare to have them in ohio. I doesnt make it any better, just looks like someone started to build snowmen all over the place and quit before the second level.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I took this photo today when I got the snow blower out on my shop. I am about 40 miles from lake Michigan in the snow belt area so it snows most of the time during the winter months.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Lived in MI all my life and this is the coldest and most brutal winter I can remember.
It sucks!!
I would have to agree BRUTAL, after going to the Winter Classic and Alumni games outdoors I have had enough WINTER to last a life time, every time i go out to shovel the snow i at least fire up the Hemi from its deep sleep and let it running until i am done, then put her cover back on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's just the opposite here in California. We haven't even had rain for 3 months! It was 75 degrees all weekend, so the Challenger club went on a nice long drive. I would go crazy not being able to drive my Challenger living somewhere where it snowed.
Or you could just drive it in the snow and cold! Mine fired up no problem in -20.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yep, Im sick of it too. In Chicago here and I think whats just as bad as the snow is all the damn salt on the roads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't "store" my car for the winter, but won't drive in salty conditions, either. So since December, I've driven maybe twice here in Ohio. I actually broke down and bought a battery tender because the car's just sitting in the garage all winter. Guess I should have filled up the tank and put Stabil in it, but who would've known it would be this crappy ALL winter so far.

·
Registered
247 Posts
yes this winter sucks ...well, at least the ice fishing and snowmobiling is great ...
we had 300 machines out at the Cove last weekend for a poker run

·
Registered
304 Posts
I wish you could send the snow out west. Oregon and California are heading for drought unless we get some good storms this next month or six weeks!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Quit cher bitchin". At least you got a garage ! You got a snow blower! AND I see you got a car cover ! My brand new 2014 RT got its first scratch from a blowing garbage pail !:yikes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts